• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX-478 with 92mm Tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

my orignal plan is to get an 80mm tornado and strap it to an ax-478. is it a better idea to get the 92mm instead and use a 80-92mm adapter? if it is a better idea.... what kind of adapter should i use, the one that is just a frame, or the one that has a little duct kind of thing that channels the airflow into the 80mm section?

if you have not already purchased the ax-478, i would advise you to stay away and pick up a mcx-4000 or an alpha.

recently, the ax-478's have...FALLEN APART. just stay away, i'd hat to see someoen else suffer the same fate with that crappy
HSF.

yeah, stay away from the ax478. i've had bad experiences w/ it and eventually i exchanged it for a pal8942 and now i'm happy w/ it.

Mine fell apart~ it seperated from the bottom plate and the fins~ killing my GF4~ and most palces have since pulled it from their shelves due to HORRIBLE temps.......

i thought the ax478 was a really awesome heatsink.... oc.com's review was excellent, it's in the highest ranks.... wonder why all of this horrible stuff is happening to it. *cough* thermaltake sabatoge *cough*. jk.

dang.... that is really bad.... i guess ill go with the alpha 8942 + tornado combo.... any opinions on 80-92mm adapters and using a 92mm tornado? also, i cant even find a single place that has a 92-80mm adapter....

Back