• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about my asus a7v333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea if you pop a 2400+ or up in and it works then dont bother to mess with it.

But if you want just update to 1012 or 1013 for the a7v333

www.asus.com

and when updating bios always go back to stock speeds. If youre o/ced and update the bios u might lock up and mess verything up

oh yea forgot i wouldnt update the bios in windows do it in Dos with the aflash thingy on that site

I've always done my flashing on this board from windows. Seems to work well. Flashed every beta since 1011 this way.

I've also flashed many times while overclocked :0 perhaps it's when you o/c with unlocked multi? I go back to stock now though.

For Bios flashing I always do it from DOS. You dont really need to flash to 1013 upwards unless you are purchasing an XP2400+ or higher

Last edited:
residentevil2 said:
yea but i did it in windows and i endded up ordering a new bios chip

Sorry to hear that. I'm not to worried about a bad flash....

ME: "Dear my motherboard died"
Spouse: "your who?"
Me: "Can't be fixed I'll have to get a new one."
Spouse: "Well I guess if it's broken..."
Me: "Mmmm...Asus KT400 board"
Spouse: "What dear?"
Me: "Nothing dear, hehehe"
Spouse: "Pardon?"
Me: "doh"

:D

welcome to the forums Icceman2g. go here
http://www.asus.com/inside/flash_nb.htm i also use the software that came in the CD which is called Asus Update. the file name is called asusupdt3.30.04.zip (look it up in yahoo) the direct link in Asus's site is dead. you cant go wrong with this piece of software I use it.

hey iceman you should make a new post with that question will probably get buried in this thread.

Hey thanks for all tha help guys i got it updated using update software Zigma told me bout. It turns the version I had before which I was trying to use couldn't do it. I updated to the 1011 version do you think i should have used the 1012?

I know that if you have an A7V333 Motherboard then you dont even have to boot with a dos disk to flash.

At bootup, when the logo screen appears...

Just hit Alt-F2 keys and a built in flash utility screen appears.
Then you put in a floppy with the bios version you want to flash, type in the file name and your done.

No messy Dos bootup disks and no windoze :)

Back