• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 1942 fps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadOC

Wow, i dont know what to say. I have pretty decent specs, but i dont know why in bf1942, with 1024x768 res, i get really ****ty frames. Like im talking 50-70 when Noone is around, and like 15-30 when lots of **** is happening. I get major headaches when i play the game :(
Any one else having low fps issuES?

They say you should cut down on the sount from 44hz to 22hz and put the sound quality to low. It seems to help my framerates are ok its just the damn engine of the game is so choppy.

P.S. I think this thread belongs in the gaming forum.

Sorry for not answering your question but i have a real quick question to ask about this game...I never played it...

Is it worth getting I see alot of people play it?!
is it better than cs or just as good let me know guys thx

Oh yeah I forgot I think there is something in the read me file about bf42 that says that sometimes the game acts funny on Oc'd machines. I run the game at 1024x768 at 200 draw distance with everything at full except shadows off sound 22hz and sound detail to low. I average 60 fps. It's a very fun game but im waiting for the patch until I start playing again. I'm hoping it will fix some things.

Granted, I haven't played this a whole lot, but it plays fine on my overclocked machine... you'll see a lot of negative comments concerning overclocking like the one in the read me you referred to as they are sort of "disclaimers" to weed out possible causes and support inquiries.

It is a great game, i just need more frames persecond to make it more fun because playing choppy sucks. Im going to try some of the tips mentioned here maybe that will help
Its way more fun than CS, i recommend you get it because this game rocks imo.
Thanks.

on the second page if the sound options click hardware acceleration to make the sound card do the sound work, it is off by defult.

My BF1942 did the same thing. What helped me out a lot was i took it off 32 bit depth and put it on 16bit. And I honestly think the picture looks better as well.

The problem I get isnt with FPS...its just all servers seem to lag : /. I've only played the demo though.

i can't lower the bot percentage of the game :(

maybe i have to start a new game from scratch but i can't seem to lower that percentage of my existing campaign

Back