• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C1200T vid-pin wrapping help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap

I have Tb1 stepping 1.2Celeron. I did the vss-vid2 mod but the default voltage is not 1.65V it is 1.55V
Which pins do i have to connect to get 1.65V?
thanx

The VID2-->VSS mod is for the tA1 stepping (1.475V default-->1.675V), The tB1 has a default CV of 1.5V, to get 1.65V as default CV you need to connect VID0 and VID1 to VSS. (VID2 is already connected to VSS).

I tried three possible way including these that you mentioned and still stuck @ 1.55V and FSBof 125 which gives me 1.5GHz and PCI of 41MHz...I think i'll stay with this for now. My temperatures are between 32 and 36°C.

Well that's a strange problem, I heard of it too and unfortuately noone seems to have a solution to it.

BTW, what chip did you get??? A Celeron 1,2 GHZ tray SL6C8???
Where was it made, Malaysia or Philippines and which week??

If you're lucky, then more then 1,5 GHz(perhaps 1,7-1,8GHz) shouldn't be a problem!

Good luck with your new CPU!;) :D

Last edited:
What board are you using this on. If you're using a Tualatin board then the pins mentioned above should work. However, if you're using a non-Tualatin board like the CUSL2 or BX133 then I believe there may be a problem where one of the VID pins is connected internally unlike most other boards. The long "Tualatin in a BX board" thread over at Madonion.com addresses this toward the beginning of the thread.

I'm usin it on CUSL2-BP and on CUSL2. Now it seems like my motherboard died cuz there is no POST @ all, no beep no nothin..I put CPU in other mobo and it works fine, same as before [email protected]
I tried cleraing CMOS, pulling out the battery and still no go. Is it fried or what?
OMG..m goin crazy :(

Trap said:
SL68P Malay is my CPU. I tried connecting vid0 and vid1 to vss no post @all.

Well, that vid-pin problem seems really, really strange to me and I don't know how I could help you.

BTW, your CPU is still a TA1-stepping CPU. SL6C8 would've been the code for the tray TB1-stepping CPU and SL6JS would've been the code for the boxed one.

BTW, if not even the leds light up on the board and not even your fans begin to spin, it could be a defective capacitor on your CUSL2-BP!!! That could be easily fixed! Have a look at them and make sure to look carefully! If you can see a hole in one of the caps or more and a brown fluid came pouring out that hole, then the cap is crap!(Well, I know I'm a poet!:D Sorry, I had to say that.;) )

Good luck!

It is 1.5V and here is what it says on the box:
PROD. CODE:BX800530F1200256SL68P
FPO Q226A733 1.5V
Prod. Date: 09/09/02

To find out if mobo is toast try to borrow a non tualatin S370 cpu.
PPGA or FCPGA.
If that works I'd flash it with the older cpu in.

and 3 ways to connect V0 and V1..?
One way is V2 to V1 and V1 to V0

Last edited:
Back