• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid Card cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

Question the first.......What is a good vid card cooler that uses the stand-off peg things? Like on the greenie

Question the second.....Do all of the pegs come at a certin length or are they at different sizes?

Go with a Blue Orb. They plug right into the holes of a GForce. You can even mod the Blorb to a copperfoot orb, you can find instructions in the Tips section. They do an all right job of cooling if you lap them and use ASII. And they look cool. And you can get a ThermalTake memory cooling kit and use the blue heatsinks from that on the memory and make your GForce look totally trick.

As for different length pegs....they are relative to what their on. A Blorb's pegs might be longer because the base of it is thicker than the stock HS.

Kingslayer (Jul 13, 2001 12:34 p.m.):
Go with a Blue Orb. They plug right into the holes of a GForce. You can even mod the Blorb to a copperfoot orb, you can find instructions in the Tips section. They do an all right job of cooling if you lap them and use ASII. And they look cool. And you can get a ThermalTake memory cooling kit and use the blue heatsinks from that on the memory and make your GForce look totally trick.

As for different length pegs....they are relative to what their on. A Blorb's pegs might be longer because the base of it is thicker than the stock HS.

you forgot to mention the most important thing: they are nicknamed blorbs :)

William (Jul 14, 2001 04:41 a.m.):
if you want one www.webuildpcs.com has the cheapest blorbs I have seen on the net, $7. a tad cheaper if you get a 3 pack like Mr. B.

Are they a reliable vender or not? They only have 1 response @ Resellerratings.com. Anybody have any experience w/ them?

Yup.. The thermaltake ram sinks and a blorb will due the trick well. I have the same setup which cost meunder $30 and has allowed me to overclock my geforce 64mb pro to ultra speeds as noted in my sig. Not only that but if you have hercules card like mine it matches and looks sweeet.

One thing i forgot to mention was to make sure you have some type of a fan of at least 80mm size blowing on your card. Either a blowhole directly on your case side which is best or a card cooler from www.thecardcooler.com if your not that advanced and dont want to cut your case. It will provide the best combo with your sinks and blorb.

Back