• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's basically Winter, time to crank it up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Time to ramp it up

Well it is starting to get really cold around here, so i think it is time to bump the clocks up on my machines! I'm gonna see what i can get out of them and see what i can add by the new years. My goal is to get 10 additional ghz between the additions and then with the OCing!

What do you guys think you can get out of your and what do you think you can get up by the end of the year?

Anyone up for some hardcore (ninja syle if need be:sn: ) recruiting??

we have roughly ~750 active members this week, what do you say week leave OCAU behind and shoot for 800 and then on to 1000.

Plext is ramping up and shows no signs of stopping; he is only gonna get more and more procs up. I think now is the time to make the charge to see if we can seriously put a dent in the gap between us and OCAU, or even overtake them for a bit.

Hopefully the next contest will be up and running soon, should of been up by now, but i have run into a busy streak at work. My deepest apologies for this.

Since i have been here (i joined march 14th) the thing that i have learned the most is that you all are the best group of folders in the world. You go out of your way to help each other, and I just want to say that i am proud to be associated with each and every one of you! You guys never give up, i know you will fight to the last second to see the folding cause triumph!

What do you say guys/gals?

Time to recruit, time to build, time to bump the clocks up just a little more!

FOLD ON
NAS

I'd love to bump up the clocks, but I lose stability on Gromacs if I bump my main rig up, and my hardware is limiting me on my second AXP1600+. Any higher and it won't go into windows.

I am, however, planning on adding a rig or two around the beginning of next year.

Well, since I am selling a box, I will have enough $ to find another C-1 step p4 to run.

steve

The duallie wants to run at 1800MHz (2x XP1600+ @ 12.5 x 140 right now or 1750), but this Antec 350W PSU won't let me get there from here..... :(

MBM5 says the system temp is 18c right now (window is slightly open, and it's quite cold here...ambiant is about 14c). A better PSU and I really think I'd be good to go for 1800.

What's killing me is having two board/CPU combos idle because I've no DDR to install on them. Both of my T-Birds have been offline for quite a while now, while I've concentrated on building up the server (duallie) and my main rig.

"Brother can you spare a gig of ECC Reg. DDR??" :( :p

Let 'em rip guys...it's time to let Ol' Mom Nature do some super coolin' magic for us. :cool:

B.

once i get a stick of 3200DDR i'll have my XP1600 around 1.8Ghz i hope, maybe higher.

i'm replacing my Duron in my second rig with another XP1600 (newegg ad says it will be an AGOIA so i might be able to get that one overclocked a little too).

I think I might try some ninja style recruiting :). I've got my old p4 rig that needs a PSU, video card and network card and I can get it up an folding at 1.4GHz.

If the banner's were easier to print, and if i was able to post em at my school.....

But, hopefully around the hoildays i may finish my first computer ive built, that will give a xp1600+ and this p4 1.4 to my folding.

But im gonna o/c as much as i can for my 1600+. Ill do anything to convince my parents they need to buy a new comp, when they dont :D. Coz if i do, then more ghz/mhz for 32!!!!

Well, i bid you all good luck, and lets keep it "clean". Cheers :beer:!

I'll be building 2 xp1600 rigs for x-mas for almost no pay.. so my pay will be folding as a service. Chalk those two up.

Im gonna bring about another 4 ghz to the table near or just after x-mas (depends on if i have time to build it before i leave for new mex). Most of the parts will arrive tomorrow. after testing what i can do with a 1900+ i will then decide if i want to try to pimp 1800's really hard or just go for a higher clocked proc like a pair of 2400's

Your absolutely right NAS, too bad it dont get too cold out here in Los Angeles :D Oh well.

We need every mhz to keep the pressure on OCAU. Even with plext's production level going for them, we are currently out producing them by 2000 pts per week! Nice job everyone. Now with a 400,000+ pt lead, that'll take us 200 weeks to gain on them :( That's almost 4 years..ouch Way too long for me. So lets turn on the NO2 and get some more rigs folding. Let no cycle go unfolded.

well, I just abused my power on another board and did a bit of advertising. Maybe a few of the l33t rigs will sign up and start upping our catch up rate.

I was able to squeeze another 100 mhz outa my xp1700.
now its at 1640.....
not an extreme amount but hey every lil bit counts!

Well, I am taking out an announcement at my church, since it's a rich community and there are a lot of decent people with reasonably fast comps... That might net us a few more, but I can't guarantee that those people will fold for a team, sigh... my yattamonster is getting put on the backburner for a lack of cash, 1600+s are more than I thought, and my bank account is a bit lower than I thought too. Sigh. MUST GET JOBBBBBB!

My well-traveled Athlon 750 passed away last week, knocking me down to 2 computers folding. The spot on the desk it used to occupy looked sorta empty so I dredged out and dusted off a k2-300 (overclocked to 350:D :p )and got it up and running...on a p185 protein currently taking 1 1/2 hours per frame:cry:man i wanted a new system hooked up for folding but this isn't what I meant:bang head

well, guys/gals, have you seen plext's last update? :eek: 1800+ pts in 6 hours, wow.

looks like we have a lot of work to do to catch up, but, i know we can do it!

FOLD ON
NAS

Why don't we just start forcing innocent folks off the street to watch that Yatta! video untill they buy a layer for one of the new yatta monsters that are popping up all over the place. That should work!

Better yet, raid a theater, and play it, while forcing people to pay to leave! :eek:

Other ideas? ...

I got my brother to start folding so that is another 1.3ghz, he is going to put it on his girlfirends viao, so that will increase it a little, i would put it on my girlfriend's, but she has a mac and it is already slow enough. I might be able to talk to one of my teachers into making an announcement. I am sure i can get some more people to sign up, i should tell them to sign up under me! :)

If i could unlock my 1900, i would crank it up, right now i am running the FSB at 141, 1600 @ ~1700. But i am in San diego so it isn't too cool, can't crank it up too much more, i dont like it running hotter than about 47-49c.

I need to get on the ball and get my XP1800 into a rig that can actually fold. Maybe I need to ditch the KT7A-Raid for a board that actually supports the XP....

I've got a feeling that the first time I tried it, I did something wrong. I think I'll probably flash back to the A9 BIOS and give the XP one more shot in the KT7A. If that doesn't work I'm either getting a new mobo for the server or else moving the bookPC into a better ventilated case so it can fold. woohoo....

sb

Back