• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS vs. EPOX which is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LawyerLynn

I'm considering a new MB and am curious as to the forum's feelings on which board was best. The Asus A7N8X or the Epox 8RDA+ As far as I am concerned, for upgradeability and OCing these are the only two real choices.:cool:

i havent owned either,that said.
both are buggy from what ive read.
asus has serial ata.no drives for it around but its on there.
epox is cheaper.about equal tho in all other aspects.

i wouldnt upgrade a kt333 for either tho imo.

I've had no problems *at all* with my 8rda+ The only thing holding back my OC are my Memory topping out at 212 mhz (aggressive timings...what else is there?) and my processor that doesn't like to go much over 2250 on air. My Gf4 has had NO problems in it and once I figured out how to tweak the very intricate BIOS, it has been wonderful.

ID go Epox from experience with Asus and Epox boards the Epox seem to be a bit more stable and OC better...IMO

I would recommend adding Abit to your list of boards to look at. In the past year I've had 4 Epox boards and I've only been happy with 1. My friend has had 2 Abit boards and has loved them both. I would recommend Asus or Abit.

The impressive I have gotten from frequenting the epox board is that they seem to be doing a bit of resting on their laurels. They definatly have a rep for stable boards but alot of people have made comments that their more recent boards of have been buggy. Definatly fixable with a bios update but a factor none the less.

...why upgrade? kt333 dragon ultra plat., do you need to overclock a 2600+ w/333fsb? and that all in wonder 8500... what is in a nf2 that you need and don't already have? I say save your money and wait for future 64-bit equipment :cool:

...besides, it seems like there are tons of problems with both of those boards

Back