• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60gig WD hds model WD600BB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mujgy

Registered
I started having problems with these drives back in July. I had two go out within 3 weeks of eachother. They both went the way of clicking. I have sense gone threw 3 refurbs drives plus the 2 most recent ones just went out so thats a grand total of 5 dead drives in 5 months. And no its not something I'm doing. I have a 60gig maxtor that has been in my system this whole time that has gone without one complaint or error. The last drive I got lasted only 3 days running before waking me at 5:30 in the morning with clicking noise and my raid controller beeping. The other drive clicks whenever I do anything remotely disk intenstive as in copying large files, scandisk, and defrag. I am going to send them both in to WD yet again however I am going to call them to complain because this is getting rediculous, not to mention it is costing me money to send the drives in. I am also not overclocking at the moment nor have I recently in the past 3 months.

I am curious if others have been having the same trouble with WD drives.

thanks
mujgy

I just got a WD800JB.... I sure hope nothing goes wrong with it...

I replaced my IBM DeskStar 60GXP because it was/is on the verge of dying.

All my hard drives are WD's. I have no problems. I'm using a 40Gig and an 80Gig in my main pc, and I have an ancient 1Gig in the computer in my car, along with a 10Gig. The other computers in my house aren't mine, so I don't know what's in them, but I do know that a good portion of those hard drives are also WD's. It's been a very long time since I've seen a HD fail. The last one, which was years ago, probably wasn't even a WD, but I can't be completely sure because it was so long ago.

Back