• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeadPool

Disabled
wondering what a max temp on an athlon 1ghz proc should be... it was at 66c, got a different fan on it, and it wasn't pushing 47c. What's a good temp to keep under.

66c :eek: That is probably a misread. I dont think the proc could have lasted long like that.
As a rule, I would always stay under 50c. Meltdown temp is 80c, but serius damage can occur over 65 or so.

do you know what software programs there are that can use the cpu temp in the bios and have it displayed with in windows????

Well, I have a 1ghz athlon that I just threw into a computer for my brother earlier this month, on the same tyan board I had, ran that combination as my primary computer for over a year. Nowadays the temp sits in the mid 60s(c) crunching all day long. And when that computer was my primary rig I had it running 24/7 in the high 50s sometimes low 60s depending on the time of the year. You aren't hurting anything, though it couldnt' hurt anything to add some more cooling in there ;)

Back