• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor death or interference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edien

just recently my EN780 monitor has begun to have an epileptic vibrating effect. Sometimes the screen will go blank as if it shuts off then comes back on, or have a black line blink in the center. Was wondering if this was the monitor dying, or if because its close to my case that it was for some reason having these problems- I have not gone over the rated refresh rate

Have you moved it, plugged it in a different scoket, setup a TV or a beer fridge on the same circuit recently or anything?

Also there are some really wierd looking faults caused by a build up of static on the monitor cable causing the DDC lines to go haywire and power off the monitor and make it do funny things. The fix sounds almost too simple, but when you see it work your jaw will drop. All you do is unplug the cable, and force your thumb over the plug so it contacts the shell and all pins at once. Might not cure your problem, but you'll be amazed how often it works on similar types of symptoms.

regards,

Road Warrior

Have you modded the case recently(added a window)? Added new fans? Does the problem stop if you move the box away from the monitor a bit? If so, you might want to try getting your hands on some ferrites, and placing them on some of your cables. They do help in lowering EMI.

Back