• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Computer won't start!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Professor12

Registered
I just finished building the computer found in my signature. I put it all together, triple checked all power connections, and checked the power on connection on my motherboard. I hooked everything up and hit the power switch. Nothing. No fans spun up and no noise. I have changed out the power cable itself to no avail. I went back and rechecked everything including checking if the power supply was set to the right voltage. The only sign of life i could find is that a light, in the socket for my ethernet cable, turned on and remained on till i turned off the power. I also heard a noise akin to that of a monitor turning off when i turned off the power. Please help! I have been waiting so long to get this system together and its very fustrating now to not even be able to turn it on. The power supply btw is an Antec TruePower 430.

make sure your RAM is seated properly and if that doesn't work..then you make have to take everything out and reinstall it to make sure the spacers are not causing something to ground out.

Would something like spacers making the board ground out result in nothing starting up? No case fans, no psu fans, no devices at all, nothing starts up when i power it on. Also my ram is seated properly.

I would say it has to be one of three things:
bad power supply
board shorted
bad bord
Try running just bare mobo/ram/vidcard on a peice of cardboard

Back