• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8k5a2 and tbreds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Hi freinds, last week i changed my pallomino 1800 buy a tbred 1800 aiuga. After that the board only post at deafult frequence, otherwise only post at the third or forth times when overclocked.
I was thinking that could be the psu, so i changed my old crappy 300W but a vantec 520A.
Still the same problem....
code error 26 and no beep. Sorry my crappy english...
cheers:p

what version of bios do you use?

have you tried to clear your cmos?

what about the watch dog feature? like hit reset button while holding INSERT key and then tab on DEL fast to get into bios.

As I recall some people had to disable USB mouse and keyboard support in BIOS to make that board POST - long shot, but worth trying I suppose. I have that board and a 2400+. At first the board behaved strangely, wouldn't POST relaibly, running well now. Kept getting that 26 error and could not figure it out! Seemed to go away on it's own.

Also (different problem) whenever an OC would fail I would have to wait long time for board to POST again, even after clearing CMOS or battery removal. Turning on watchdog feature in BIOS at least fixed that problem. Now running the 2400+ at 2350mhz stably, air only.

Cara,

Eu tenho tb um TBred 1800+ AIUGA 0242 e uma EPOX 8K5A2+.

Rodo até 170fsb com 256Mb DDR266 Samsung e uso uma fonte 400W Troni.

Tive que colocar em 1.75v, senão nem post.

FastMHZ said:
Cara,

Eu tenho tb um TBred 1800+ AIUGA 0242 e uma EPOX 8K5A2+.

Rodo até 170fsb com 256Mb DDR266 Samsung e uso uma fonte 400W Troni.

Tive que colocar em 1.75v, senão nem post.

can someone translate this?

Back