• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ overclocking questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpw2atox

Alright being that I'm pretty broke but decided to splurge a bit and get a 2400+ cpu cause my 1700+ is dying. Just curious how high of an overclock could I get with the default voltage? Also how high could I hit at 1.75v being that I don't ant to go much higher then that and want to make this chip last a while.

I can get 2.2Ghz at 1.75 and 2.3 at 1.85. I have a older 2400+ chip. The best it can do is around 2350mhz

Look for the AIUGB steppings. I have an AIUCB and it's not that great, I have to have 1.950volts to keep superpi, and prime95 happy at 2220mhz.

People with AIUGB's are occasionally doing around 2500, with 2300 as an average.

yeh my AIUCB wont do much over 2200mhz air cooled on 1.8v, I have benched it at 2.05v and 2350mhz though, cooling is the problem with these chips IMO

well I just ordered it from newegg yesterday and since they have been running out of stock and ordering new ones i'm hoping it will be a fairly new stepping and new week. I'll probally let it run up to 1.75v but thats it till probally this summer....then I might RMA it for a better stepping cause I got the 1yr warrenty.

i wouldnt take a tbred over 1.85vcore on air for sustained useage.2 reasons.
one its to much vcore for the hs to handle especially at full load.
2- the extra vcore doesnt make the chip respond once you get into the mid40c and only adds more heat.little gains are only achieved.

I also ordered one from NewEgg yesterday. I will get it on Thursday. Let me know what stepping you get.

alright make a post when you get yours and I'll post as soon as I get mine. I didn't rush the order and used the shiping saver so it will probally be this friday or saturday when I get it. As for the voltage I wasn't planning on even overclocking it for a little while. All i'm going to do is unlock it and run it at 2Ghz with a 166Mhz FSB because I have a KX7-333R which might be v1.0...haven't checked so if it is I have to unlock it to make the computer work anyways. Till I get some new ram my goal is to eventually run at 12.5 x 166Mhz with default voltage which would give me a 2600+. Once I get some new ram then i'll up it and see how far I can push it. But first I wanna make sure my pc is running nice and stable and besides running at 2Ghz vs 1.75Ghz is still going to be a nice performance increase in itself.

I ordered mine from newegg around Dec 20th... my suggestion is to order from Ebay... you can ask the guys which stepping they have which you can get, etc... and maybe save a few bucks.

I actually considered selling mine on ebay and buying an AIUGA from ebay... but I'd prolly lose a decent amount of money on the deal and that just aint worth 100mhz.

Ok, No GUTS!!! NO GLORY!!!!!

1.gif

2.gif

AMD 2400+ 2000 mhz OC to 2608mhz @ vcore 2.10 Water Cooled AIUGB week 44

hehe....I only got an SLK-800 and not watercooling so no crazy voltages for me. Im hoping I get a good stepping since I just ordered it yesterday. Hasn't shipped yet so it will ship tomorrow....i really can't wait.

Yah mine hasn't shipped yet either ....... I hope we don't get let down:p COME ON AIUHB!!!!!! :D

i have a 2400 aiugb week 45 running prime right now at 2266 with 1.75 vcore. i saw someone said not go go over 1.85 with these tbreds, anyone else have any comments on that? what do you think is the safest voltage for aircooled? i have an alpha 8045 and tornado. temps are still in the mid to high 30's under load.

The highest safe voltage on any athlon processor is whatever doesn't cause the CPU to get too hot and lock up with your cooling. If you can keep it from getting too hot with your cooling, any voltage goes. The poster above is just a newbie who doesn't know much about cpu's and overclocking :).

I got the cpu oem and a 1yr warrenty from newegg so I can RMA it with them if needed. The reason that I said by summer is that with my luck i'll probally end up killing it then cause where I live we only have window ac units and it gets hot as hell in here and my chip will probally have some lovely heat issues.

Back