• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good are the 41.09 dets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

I am building a new pc which will have the following specs:

p4 2.4GHz
256 crucial pc2700 ddr ram
Geforce 4 Ti4200
Windows 98

The latest drivers for win98 are the 41.09's. what are peoples experinces with them, and would you recommend another set over them?
My main priority is stability.

The 41.09 is not the best overall driver IMO. It just gives you a higher 3DMark score. I have found that the 41.09 and 40.72 do not improve game performance at all and they have actually introduced bugs in 2D apps. I get a lot of problems in video decoding and gaming emulation apps. I think nVidia broke something in the 2D code when they wrote these new drivers. They probably wrote the drivers just to boost 3DMark results.
The 40.41 and 40.52 are the most stable drivers I have used, although they will score around 100-200 points less on 3DMark.

Generally what I see is that every system reacts differently to drivers. Some have good luck while others not so good. It's all trial and error and first hand testing is the best way to figure what works best for you.

Back