• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help here plz - Temps. seem way to high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alto2x

Registered
I just started to build a system for my brother. Its based on a Athlon xp2000+ with the K7N2 nforce 2 mobo. Im running with a Volcano 7+ and my psu has 2 fans also 1 mounted in my case. At idel i get 52-55.C on my CPU and my case temp. hangs at around 30-33 Is this too high... I havent run Prime 95 yet but i will tonight when I get off work but i was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of heat with this processor and hsf.

I took the side pannel of cause i thought it could have been an airflow problem but it didnt change anything. The bios and system check says the cpu is at 52-55.c but when i touch the copper hsf it donst feel to hot... not hot at all.... at 52-55.c shouldn't it be hot to the touch...

One last question... WHAT IS SAFE... how hot can it get without buring the processor out...????

Whats going on here...

help me out...

If that Nforce mobo is an Asus, it's probably reading +10C High.
(normal for Asus)

Is the cpu @ default voltage?
That seems to me that it is in the normal range,
You might want to try a room fan (larger fan)
next to an open case.

Make sure the HS is on the cpu correctly, w/ some sort of AS applied.

just my .02 to get you started.

:)

The mid to high 50's is hard on a CPU. If taking the sides off of the case and blowing a house fan inside doesn't reduce the case temp, then your case temp is OK.

The mother board is an MSI...

the voltage is set to defult because the only thing i changed was the fsb to 133... other then that all is normal...

do u think adding an extra fan would help.... the thing is i have a window on the side so i was wondering if it is possible to add a fan onto the window... can u cut through the plexy glass without having it break???

Or would a blow hole be better...

Also i was wondering if it is possible to get a program that i could use to increase the fan rpm on my psu???

thanks in advance

I downloaded Sandra to take a look at my PC proformance and when i saw the tempature readings by Sandra it said my this

Motherboard - 35.C
CPU - 35.C
AUX Power - 54.5.C

What is the AUX power??? my powersupply... or my processor... cause when i check my MSI Fuzzy Logic (temp. reader program) it says that my Processor is runnint at 54.5.C could it be reading it wrong or not... the bios says the same 54.5.C but Sandra said its 35.C

What gives??

anyone know of a good prgram that can tell the real temp.

thanks in advance

your bios is designed for your board, i would trust those readings. how confident are you that you mounted it right? have you remounted, cleaning up inbetween, and following the guides on exactly how to apply thermal goop? before anything if i were you i would remount and see if you get the same results.

the numbers and letters that are laser etched into the die impart valuable information, one of the letters stand for the max operating die temperature for your chip. so you can look at it and then look up on amd what temperature the letter translates to, or you can wait and someone can probably tell you off hand what it is. or actually if you know what kind of core you have, you can just look up the whitepapers on it from amd and you dont even really need the code. ok im babbling, slap me now. :)

Back