• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Owners please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazerblue31

Registered
Right, here goes, i just bought an Asus a7n8x yesterday and have a question and a concern.
Which drivers are best asus's own or nvidia's?
Should the board drivers be installed first or after graphics card after a re-install.
Right, i have pc2700 installed on this board and have set this to 125% in the bios of the fsb, which calculates it at 178. This actually shows up on the maine boot up screen as 178 which should in theory double it to ddr356.
Now, when i run memory bandwidth in si sandra it says 2 X 144 and memory bandwith of 2200 mb/s.
On my old board where you can use the memory divider in bios to recognise it as pc2700, this actually said 2700 mb/s after running si sandra.
Is this right and is the motherboard and bios calculating the memory as being pc2700.
I have no qualms about the performance because it is blistering or am i just being paranoid.
Hope this is enough, there is enough info in sig

i'm not sure how sandra is calculating at all.....
use nvidia's site's drivers for everything except the sound. Use the cd that came with your motherboard for the sound driver

Use the Asus drivers. The sequence for installing is first OS, service packs, Board drivers, then video drivers.

Sandra does not bench dual channel boards properly. I get higher scores single channel than dual. Pcmark shows opposite results.
For best results run memory in Sync. here is a few bios settings to start with.

System Perf.- USER
CPU Interface-Aggressive
Mem. Freq. SYNC
Mem Timing -USER
6-2-2-2T (Stable timings depend on your ram)
FSB SpectrumDisabled
AGP SpectrumDisabled
Graphics aperture –(set to size of graphics card memory)
AGP Freq. -66

Back