• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech Apogee!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specific

This mobo PIMPS! It is aimed at the overclockers market.

Vdimm up to 3.2
Vcore up to 2.15
Vagp up to 2.0
unlocks ALL multis for tbredb's
looks better than any other board out there
comes with a lot of extras
etc etc etc

I can't wait to get my h20 gear setup on it. [hyperventilation]
I could go on for days about this thing. Well worth the extra bucks it cost. I got mine from newegg, because anyone selling it for less will charge shipping, and you know how that goes. Hands down the best Nforce2 board out there IMO (after the Zenith version of course). [/hyperventilation]

doesnt this board have only 200fsb? if so how can you say it is the best oc board when i can do 220fsb on my nf7 without all of that voltage?

i've read that the issue will be addressed, and dealt with in a bios revision. (keeping fingers crossed) if it gets fixed, i think it will be the best oc board. having all multis without a mod almost makes up for that.

i just ordered two 3200 low latency slabs to replace this 2700. so, we'll soon see wether i need the voltage or not. now i'm at default Vdimm, and 1.75 Vcore (2171 on "quiet" air, 50C on die folding) my old abit kx7 was reading lower temps at higher volts.
took it up to 2338 @ 1.9v but the temps were approaching 60, remember this is on die reading. tried 15x167 but it wouldn't boot. since my ram didn't like anything higher than 166 i can't really go for 2400's without dropping the fsb. i'll just wait for the new ram.
and doesn't your 220fsb say more for the ram than the board?

when the water set arrives, i'll make use of all those volts, so don't hate

I've seen it..
I looks pretty good.. but i like my A7n8x..

DDR 400 support is a plus, as well as the 8x agp
and i had no problem oc'ing my T-bred 2100+ (see sig for specs)

ITs nice cause of the extras (i.e. Rounded cables, i/o bay, Windows multiplier adjustment (not sure how that works out yet as i haven't tried the board))

The reviews i've read look pretty good, but i wanna try it out and see for myself first hand

Didn't think the 'Apogee' came with the extras, only the 'Zenith' board? could be wrong though!

MDA.

Did i just go to the wrong address for chaintech or is the specs on the Apogee a dud?

I only see a board that says For intel p4/celeron....and the memory says DDR333 and 400/533mhz FSB (i thot 533 was only for rambus memory...)

This is the webby here

hmmm...

There is also an AMD version of this board the store i work @ sells it. Its ok.. Its yellow with rounded cables and an insert for ur 5 and 1/4 bay for firewire i believe and audio outputs.

I looks alright but i would rather see it have 400mhz DDR support to go along with the windows adjustable multiplers/FSB

looks kewl. but i dunno if i'd pick it up.

i love my Asus though.. once i got my processor issue sorted out i couldn't be happier with the preformance of it..

just a quick question.. are the newer versions of the t-bred processors come unlocked already? Cause i can adjust my FSB/multiplers with no difficults from stock outta the box.

K.Snail said:
just a quick question.. are the newer versions of the t-bred processors come unlocked already? Cause i can adjust my FSB/multiplers with no difficults from stock outta the box.
The Bios automtically unlocked the processor. The processor itself isn't unlocked if you installed it in an older board with an outdated Bios it would not allow the upper nor lower adjustments you would have to mod the chip.

MDA said:
Didn't think the 'Apogee' came with the extras, only the 'Zenith' board? could be wrong though!

MDA.

Apogee comes with them too.

Originally posted by K.Snail
I looks alright but i would rather see it have 400mhz DDR support

CHAINTECH Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model# 7NJL1-APOGEE NFORCE2 ATX -RETAIL
Specifications:
Supported CPU:AMD Socket A Duron/Athlon XP
Chipset:NVIDIA nForce2 SPP + MCP
FSB:200/266/333MHz
RAM:3x184Pin DDR 1600/2100/2700/3200 Dual Channel DDR
IDE:UDMA 66/100/133 PCI IDE up to 4 Devices
Slots:1xAGP (4x8x) 5x PCI and 1x ACR Slot
Ports:2xPS2,2xCOM,1xLPT,1xFDD, and Audio Ports
Onboard Audio: CMedia 8738 LX
Onboard LAN:10/100 MBS

Straight from newegg

Also, just an edit to the last post...... i dropped the voltage to 1.7, and i'm going to try 1.675, but 1.65 wouldn't hold up. the monitor reads it as 1.67 now.

The Zenith pimps, but at that price you would be the one getting pimped. Who needs serial ata? I'm still not using the firewire port on my audigy, so why would i need it onboard? I'm not even using the 3.5" port bay now, cause my case has it all on the front panel.

Everything on this board slams except the sound. (insert shrugging smiley here) I don't have to mod anything, so when the fsb gets a bios fix, i won't have anything to complain about, not that 200 is bad. I think this board and chip will live happily ever after along with everything else in the box, except the sk7 and cooling fans;).

MDA said:

MDA.

you are correct the Apogee nforce2 board does come with some extras, like the c Bay media and the headset thingy, I was hummin and hawing over the Apogee or the Chaintech, I chose the Epox for support, thats where Chaintech lacks and this I found from users of there products, although I know someone using the Zenith and he is getting great results with it and recommends it but it is costly.

Cisco KId

I dunno,Chaintech had some of the fastest support I ever contacted,I emailed them about a few minor issues I had and questions,they emailed me back within 20 min each time,I dont think thats too bad.

The fsb now goes to 250.

wildone

the zenith was the best overclocker along with the 8rda+ in one of the first nforce2 reviews by anandtech, now that it may have 250fsb, it can surely compete with the epox and abit for overclockability, not too many people bought it because of the zeniths high price tho...wish they would lower it, comes with tons of extras

i suppose the apogee is the same as the zenith minus some features (not overclocking features?)

Back