• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED slk-900 w/o screw mounts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
N

nerdlogic

I am worried about setting the slk-900 on my amd cpu w/o using the screw mounts (my mobo provides no holes for them). Should I be? Are there any alternatives?

If you're going to use it on a P4, you can use the stock retention module (but you can only use 60 or 80mm fans this way). AFAIK for AMD boards, you'll have to use the spring loaded screws.

dammit...i'm gonna have to rma it then...this is what happens when you buy w/o researching first...i tend to act before i think, as you can tell...

Yeah, they changed the ATX spec last year, now the four mounting holes around the socket aren't required. So what do you know, the cheap-*** MoBo companies are starting to make new boards without them. B*stards. :mad:

i also got a 92mm fan...i'll stick with it:
the 900 can take a 92x38 no prob...the 800 can take a 92x38 if you bend the wire clips a little.

Last edited:
it can take a 92mm, but I thought that I had to use the mounting bracket with the 2 clips for my board, instead of the 4 holes. If i have to use the brackets then 92mm wont fit.

oh really? hmm...if your board does not have mounting holes, then i suggest a vantec tornado...as far as i know, the 900 can take both 80x25 & 80x38...

Back