• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get Thermaltake Aquarius II system to perform better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gomitsugo

Registered
Hey everyone I'm new to your forums and I wanted to ask a quick question. When I built my system I was looking at HSF combinations and I wasn't happy with anything I saw so I chose the Affordable and Quiet Thermaltake Aquarius II system. I'm pretty happy with it because it is very quiet and was very simple to install but it doesn't really perform like a watercooling system should. Although I do have my 2.4B running @ 3.06 with 1.55vcore it runs only about 7-8c colder than the stock HSF combo I ran for about a week or two. I was wonder what the weekest part of the Aquarius II system is so I can upgrade that first. Sorry for the long post by the way.

by the way my load temps are 45c with ambient temp of 30c (my wife keeps the house pretty hot) but I was told the Gigabyte 8INXP Mobo reported temps about 10c too high

hehe, glad i did not buy one of these, - unfortunatly my uncle did, but he knows nothing about water cooling and just bought a new 2800+ and the new Av7 what ever mother board - shame he does not wait - he has no patience!!! i told him i would look into other coolers!

As far as im concerned teh Aquarius 2sys aint designed for high end users like those of us using "real wc kits".
I think its a great way for people to open their eyes to watercooling.
They get themself hooked on the low noicelevel and good stable cooling.
Sure this kit wont perform like our higher grade homebuilt kits and its pricetag is way off.
But if your a user with no intent of OCin then this kit will be the lover of your life.

all you have to do to improve the performance is replace the pump, heatercore/fan, tubing, and possibly the waterblock. :D (Ok, enough of me being a BH).

Actually, I think the best method would be to sell it on eBay or to someone who doesn't really want to overclock and build a better system from the ground up.

Step 1: Throw it away
Step 2: Do better research next time and DIY

(I waited for someone else to do it, but I guess I have to)

;)

I think i wont even open my tt kit when it comes, i'll just sell it on ebay and get help building a new one, a real one.

come on guys!!

he asked how he could improve his current setup, not asking for you all to take the **** outa him and mock his setup.
You can improve things upto a certain point, but by no means is selling it the only option.

You could find a better pump for it for a start, i think the one in there moves about 60gph. look for something that moves about 200-300 gph, and uses the same size connectors, or inside diameter of the tubing.

geez, no one had anything possitive to say, thses forums are starting to get bad........

Cheesy Peas said:
come on guys!!

he asked how he could improve his current setup, not asking for you all to take the **** outa him and mock his setup.
You can improve things upto a certain point, but by no means is selling it the only option.

You could find a better pump for it for a start, i think the one in there moves about 60gph. look for something that moves about 200-300 gph, and uses the same size connectors, or inside diameter of the tubing.

geez, no one had anything possitive to say, thses forums are starting to get bad........
In theory, you are right, there 'should' be a way to properly help gomitsugo improve his H20 system. In reality, there just isnt. Every piece of that system is proprietary and just not very robust. To tell him to spend even MORE money trying to 'polish a turd' would be reckless IMO. The advice given, although probably NOT what gomitsugo wanted to hear, is more than accurate. I wish there were another less drastic way, but there just aint.

Back