• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce 2 BIOS problems confirmed and fixed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont know but maybe the people over in the amd motherboard section could help you.

Right now the double thread on this issue is stuck on the following:

True or false:

1. All [EDIT: Many, not all (thank you OC Detective)] nForce2 mobos are "missing a jumper."
2. Current (first week of March 2003) BIOS versions do NOT include the fix which is still being worked on.

If these are true, should there not be a recommended hold on all nForce2 (mobos that are missing this jumper) overclocking until the fixed BIOS is released?

Last edited:
wow just read the article. doesn't sound good in the slightest!

what the hell were they thinking not having a clear cmos jumper on the board??????

this bios fix better work cause i know for sure i'm going to be overclocking to the limit and will need to use something like that.

huge blunder.

The 8RDA+ has both a clear CMOS and the 100/133 jumper (I've used them both). And of course, any CMOS can be cleared by removing the battery.

Seems like a lot of hype to me.

lazyart said:
The 8RDA+ has both a clear CMOS and the 100/133 jumper (I've used them both). And of course, any CMOS can be cleared by removing the battery. Seems like a lot of hype to me.

OK. Which Epox mobo do you think they're talking about when they say:

"...At first it looked like a problem with the Shuttle but then Asus motherboard owners reported the same problem. Then Abit and Epox..."

lazyart said:
The 8RDA+ has both a clear CMOS and the 100/133 jumper (I've used them both). And of course, any CMOS can be cleared by removing the battery.

Seems like a lot of hype to me.
great :)

got me worried.

That's all that was wrong with NForce2 motherboards? Jeez, I read something about the BIOS corrupting....not needing a jumper. LOL!

c627627 said:

OK. Which Epox mobo do you think they're talking about when they say:

"...At first it looked like a problem with the Shuttle but then Asus motherboard owners reported the same problem. Then Abit and Epox..."

But...the...jumper...is...there...

It is labeled JCLK and it sits between the ATX connector and the nortbridge chip.

I had to use it to rescue my machine once. Remove the cap, boot up and it defaults to 100 mhz.

I remember reading that the EPOX issue was changing too many settings at once then saving, and the settings were too much data and overwrote the bios since it was over the 2mbit capacity or whatever and corrupted the actual code in the chip. Am I right? If this is the case, a jumper wouldnt fix it. A smaller BIOS flash upgrade image or a larger capacity of chip would be the only fix.

Back