• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about my PCZ 3500 Basic memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SemiCycle

Question about my OCZ 3500 Basic memory

Yup, this is just the Basic memory, not the EL series. I'm currently running this memory at a 195Mhz FSB on my 8RDA+. I'm also using a tbred A.

The timings for the memory are 5-3-3-2.5

Is this above average, average, or below average for this memory? If anyone else is using the memory, can you let me know youu success with it. I've also tried a 200Mhz FSB with no problems. I haven't tried any higher, because I haven't flashed to the newest bios yet.

I tried an OCZ 3500 EL, it can go to 220 6-3-3-2.

Don't know about the OCZ 3500. If it is based on 5 ns chip or better, it should do 200-217 at 6-3-3-2.

If your MB can go to 220 MHz, run SYNC to test it. If your MB cannot go that high, run FSB lower and memory at higher speed using ASYNC to test the memory using memtest86 to see when the memory max out.

I found many 5 ns chips can do CAS2, even some spec'd at CAS 2.5.

Last edited:
I haven't taken off the heat speaders (probably never will), so I don't know what the chips are. I'm using an Epox Nforce2 board, so I can play with the FSB plenty.

If it says 3500, at least it should be based on 5 ns chips. Just push memory speed using memtest86 to find its limit (w/ low FSB to take out one unknown).

Im running 2 sticks of basic OCZ PC3500 @ 183mhz with timings of 5-2-2-2 at 2.63v (Epox default) I havent really tried any higher because i didnt do the vdd mod.

hey slipknot
i have the same ram stick w/ you but not as lucky as you are since I have the asus
so the low vdimm is holding back
the ram is advertised as CL 2.5 but I tried 11 x 194, 2-2-2-5 no problem, anything higher than that would be unstable or unbootable even w/ 2.5T . cannot wait asus to resolve this vdimm adjust issue
btw this was on 1700+xp Tbred B and 64mb R8500LE

when you done testing at 433mhz speed , please tell me so I know wether to keep this ram or rma, since I have no way to test its max now.. sux to stuck with this board

eXtraktor said:
Im running 2 sticks of basic OCZ PC3500 @ 183mhz with timings of 5-2-2-2 at 2.63v (Epox default) I havent really tried any higher because i didnt do the vdd mod.

Can you run ASYNC 75%, starting with fsb = 150 , memory speed = 200, and then increase them using memtest86 to find out the max speed and timing. This way you can test memory to way beyond its stock speed.

kevinN said:
hey slipknot
i have the same ram stick w/ you but not as lucky as you are since I have the asus
so the low vdimm is holding back
the ram is advertised as CL 2.5 but I tried 11 x 194, 2-2-2-5 no problem, anything higher than that would be unstable or unbootable even w/ 2.5T . cannot wait asus to resolve this vdimm adjust issue
btw this was on 1700+xp Tbred B and 64mb R8500LE

when you done testing at 433mhz speed , please tell me so I know wether to keep this ram or rma, since I have no way to test its max now.. sux to stuck with this board

Can you run ASYNC 75%, starting with fsb = 150 , memory speed = 200, and then increase them using memtest86 to find out the max speed and timing. This way you can test memory to way beyond its stock speed.

Back