• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pushing my rig harder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

graftonater

Basically i wanna c how mch i can get outta my rig at mo...it is twinmos 3200 w/winbond asus a7n8x 2100xp @195*12 running at 1.744 vcore (set to 1.7 in bois :S) however the only thing that doesnt seem to wanna overlcok is my gfx card its 9700 pro and is very similar cooling to crucial one, but as soon as i push the core even up to 340 or mem to 340 it starts getting artifacts and snow even tho system temp is only 38 under load and there is 120mm fan sitting over it :S (btw using omega drivers)

NiTrO bOiE said:
Try doing a volt mod.

Not rightoff the bat.. lol

Try flashing the BIOS to the overclockable one. I know the 9700 Pro's overclock.. maybe ya got a bad BIOS.

hmmm am i right in assuming that the drivers have no effect on the bios then? and also where would i go to get the tools and the bios for the vid card.......thanx

keep your mem at default, and then raise your core til you find a good stable speed. then slowly raise your mem and test for stability. not everyone can get 340+ out of 9700s ram, but you should be able to get alot more out of that core.

Back