• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello Again! My rig is done! Comments / Critiques?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nikhsub1 said:
As I said at procooling, you would be better served with those pumps in SERIES rather than parallel. You are getting no more flow than 1 pump with them in parallel. Parallel adds no pressure, your block is restrictive and choking the parallel pumps, meaning they are doing no good. Series is redundant as well but works far better if one pump should fail.

Ok i see how parallel is but how do you setup the pumps in series? Is it just:

Rez-pump-pump-rad-block-block?

KnownKiller said:
Ok i see how parallel is but how do you setup the pumps in series? Is it just:

Rez-pump-pump-rad-block-block?
Yes, one two pumps in the loop, doesn't matter where. I run my 3 D4's in series, 1 feeds 2, 2 feeds 3. Here is an example of 2 in series:

pump3.jpg

it really doesnt matter what order u do em in... nice setup, ill say the putting everything in series is a good idea....

kiyoshilionz said:
Holy **** he hit 3.1ghz :drool: And he didn't even use a vapo!!

yea too true but i bet his temps are no longer 38°c load , so mate what are they now?

An nice set up, you SHOULD deff try putting them in series and see how it runs, then compare the two. And nice rig u got there

Phil

Why didn't you put the res uptop? It would make for easier filling and bleeding. If you did that then you could move your hard drives to the to area where the hard drives are now. This will give you the room you need to run in series. There are many posibilites. If you can get the rad inside your case then you could put a pump where the 92mm fans are...

Oh, and you should really listen to the guys at procooling. They outsmart probably everyone here and could give the best criticisim. You can probably expect a procooling thread pointing here in a couple days, just so you know.

nikhsub1 said:
As I said at procooling, you would be better served with those pumps in SERIES rather than parallel. You are getting no more flow than 1 pump with them in parallel. Parallel adds no pressure, your block is restrictive and choking the parallel pumps, meaning they are doing no good. Series is redundant as well but works far better if one pump should fail.

You Are still wrong. They are doing great. And my temps couldn't be better.

SO GET OVER IT! PARALLEL WORKS GREAT!

By the way, please don't follow me around to post your redundant remarks. It is both childish and annoying.

Thanks to all the people here being helpful.

Last edited:
yzf|champ said:

By the way, please don't follow me around to post your redundant remarks. It is both childish and annoying.

:rolleyes:

yzf|champ said:

First of all, we ARE trying to be helpful.

Second, if you couldn't take the constructive criticism and all you wanted to hear was "good job", you shouldn't have asked for any advice/critique.

Here's a quick test for you. While you have your system running, unplug one of the pumps and tell us what happens. Lets see how redundant your parallel setup is. Keep your eyes on the CPU temperature. Although I should say a disclaimer saying that I'm not responsible if you kill your CPU because your parallel redundant pump is not so redundant.:)

Hi mate no offence about your case but it could do with a little tidying up and that is a bayres right?.... Just thinking it should go in a 5/1/4 bay lololol.... A question is why is the water brown i never seen brown water, looks like mud :D

Good project though.. Just needs a tidy up :p

DuallyKickass said:
Hi mate no offence about your case but it could do with a little tidying up and that is a bayres right?.... Just thinking it should go in a 5/1/4 bay lololol.... A question is why is the water brown i never seen brown water, looks like mud :D

Good project though.. Just needs a tidy up :p

Um, that is orange antifreeze. And it is very bright orange with the UV.

All my bays are full, thats why i placed it where i did. Plus it cuts down on tube length.

Not so kickass comments there, but thanks anyway.

threeputt said:
First of all, we ARE trying to be helpful.

Second, if you couldn't take the constructive criticism and all you wanted to hear was "good job", you shouldn't have asked for any advice/critique.

Here's a quick test for you. While you have your system running, unplug one of the pumps and tell us what happens. Lets see how redundant your parallel setup is. Keep your eyes on the CPU temperature. Although I should say a disclaimer saying that I'm not responsible if you kill your CPU because your parallel redundant pump is not so redundant.:)

I tested it today for ****s and giggles. I unplugged 1 pump while the other one ran. Guess what? Water still flowed throgh all my blocks! sounds like a great redundancy plan to me! maybe i do lose pressure or whatever, but when losing a pump, i would kinda expect that to happen. Point is it still ran great with only one pump. I had to underclock my PC down to 2.0 Ghz again, but it worked perfect.

I can take constructive criticism fine. The things you said at pro cooling were not constructive at all. You are rude.

Thanks again to everyone else!

Do you have any screen shots of your 3.1 GHz barton? If its for real then its by far the best clocking barton I've ever heard of. Would you be willing to post a shot of cpu-z with prime95 on the same screen after running for a few hours?
I'll second the suggestion to run the pumps in series.

Looks pretty sweet to me, especially the overclocks on that 9700! W00t, I really gotta hit the watercooling so I can overclock properly :D

Under UV the setup looks farkin sweet, I didn't think much of the water color at first but it looks awesome when lit up!

You said the swifty northbridge heatsink fan was too loud, but how hot does it run without a fan on it? I imagine it still give good temps...anyway congrats on finishing the setup, kickass job.

yzf|champ said:
I tested it today for ****s and giggles. I unplugged 1 pump while the other one ran. Guess what? Water still flowed throgh all my blocks! sounds like a great redundancy plan to me! maybe i do lose pressure or whatever, but when losing a pump, i would kinda expect that to happen. Point is it still ran great with only one pump. I had to underclock my PC down to 2.0 Ghz again, but it worked perfect.

I can take constructive criticism fine. The things you said at pro cooling were not constructive at all. You are rude.

Thanks again to everyone else!

Everything I was going to say was said by other members of procooling at procooling last night... But I DO want to make one point for people here. Redundant pump does not mean having to reduce the overclock when one of the pumps fail. Who is going to reduce the overclock when noone is there and one of the pumps fail?

yzf|champ... you need to understand that people aren't attacking you here. Your THREAD title specifically said, "comments / critiques?" If you wanted a thread that consisted of leg-humping and idol-worship, you should have titled your thread as such. We are one of the top water-cooling forums on the internet... there is an awful lot of experience here. EVERYONE can learn something new.

I won't say much on the redundant systems bit. It seems to be an awfully strange reason to justify parallel pumps. You get the same thing with a pair of pumps in series.

And, on that segue, there really should be no dispute on parallel vs series pumps. That was solved years ago. You are getting very little additional flow by running your pumps in parallel. You are confused by the two-lane vs one-lane highway analogy. In an open, two-pipe system, you *are* doubling the flow. This isn't the case in a simple Y-split pre and post a pair of pumps in a closed loop. Your two-lane highway is still being forced back into the one-lane, with no added pressure to justify the split.

You've probably read on hundreds of WC sites about the benefits of head over flow. Even *if* your pumps were somehow dramatically increasing the flow, you'd still be better off with more pressure. You are using less tubing... you aren't hurting the flow with a pair of Y-splits... you still get the redundant pump aspect. I'm seriously trying to figure out why you would want to run pumps in parallel like that... I just can't see it.

Chill out... nobody is attacking you. Niks didn't follow you here, he's probably the second-coolest water-cooling guy here (my reign will be forever unchallenged). PLEASE take all of these posts as *constructive* criticism, not personal attacks.

Back