• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4 C1 @ 3GHz but with stock+artic @48-50c !?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtf2

Registered
Ok, I got my chip to 3Ghz, but just for it to post I had to push it to 1.7v. Im running on stock cooling but with Artic silver until I pick up a new hs. Its running at 50c idle, curious if this is norm for stock w some artic. I thought it might be somewhere around 40c.

Im using the 5 divider on my BH7 board with PC2700 ram. 1 stick of 512.

Many motherboards incorrectly read the temp diodes, even to include the on-die one. Look around, there might be a "known" correction value for you to use.

My 1.8A idles at 2920 with 1.675v (not stable) at like 35-36c on the stock Intel HS/F, so I have a hard time believing your little chip is cooking at 50c idle.

Lt. Max said:
u do havta remember youre at 3 ghz .. at that speed and 1.7v u put out a LOT of heat.. my brothers [email protected] and 1.7v i calculated puts out about 75 watts of heat.. so youre puttin out around 93 watts of heat i just calculated.. [email protected] 1.7v
39c idle isnt that bad for ur situation
max

Lt. Max... how do you calculate wattage? any formula? I'm running P4 2.4B @ 2700 @ 1.525V. The temperature is 48C - 55C max.

If I run @3006 @ 1.700V, the temp. is climbing to 52C - 60C max. Can you calculate the wattage?

Back