• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WIN2k Installation Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Ok, I am really lost on this one. When attempting to do an install on a formated harddrive, it goes all the way to "Starting Windows 2000" and than something happens. This includes a BSOD, but not the typical kind, something about Equal or Unequal something, suggesting to make sure all memory options such as Memory Shadowing. Basically, all the rest of the time, it just freezes when on the blue screen that says "Starting Windows 2000". This is a really wierd error and I ahve switched numerous parts and I cant get it to go away. I am thinking it is possibly the IDE controller, as sometimes my cd-rw stops working until I reboot. I am currently using a bootable 2k disc, but had the same prob with th enon-bootable cd/floppies.
Thnx

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD is more times than not associated with incompatible or even faulty hardware. The first thing I would probably do (at least as a starting point) is check the Windows Hardware Compatability List (HCL), and make sure all your hardware devices are compatible with W2K. A link to the HCL listings for W2K can be found here...

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx ;)

yep, thats the error. It also reboots sometimes I noticed..... Time to check!

Back