• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would this fan setup work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Node

I've always heard from people that your front bottom should be intake and top rear should be exhaust. I have a different idea.

I have a 120mm (80cfm) fan on bottom front
Two 80mm Panaflo L1As on top rear

I was thinking of adding a hole at the top of my case and have that be a 120mm exhaust, and everything else be intake. So I'd have a 120mm fan, two 80mm fans taking air in the case, and the top 120mm blowhole be exhausting everything.

How would that work?

Well, you should get it even in intake and exhaust, but its better to have more intake than more exhaust. So at the very leaste stick a strong fan on that blowhole (i hope you have a really good power supply around the 420 - 50w mark to power all these hypo fans).

even in/out case flow is the ideal setup but is very difficult to obtain. being such as it is, slight negative in case pressure is preferred. please see this thread for more info.

Node said:
I've always heard from people that your front bottom should be intake and top rear should be exhaust. I have a different idea.

I have a 120mm (80cfm) fan on bottom front
Two 80mm Panaflo L1As on top rear

I was thinking of adding a hole at the top of my case and have that be a 120mm exhaust, and everything else be intake. So I'd have a 120mm fan, two 80mm fans taking air in the case, and the top 120mm blowhole be exhausting everything.

How would that work?

I think it is
icon14.gif
. It could be better, what if you made the front bottem intake. top reaer exheasut, side panel intake and very top exhuiast. sorry for teh speellling errors, i bit too early in the morning for me.

you want slightly more going out than coming in. theory is if you create a vacuum in the case than outside air will squeeze into the case through openings aside from the fan mounts.

Back