• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Ok, i haven't bought any parts with a probe yet so thats why i don't have instruction manuals:D I just wanted to know how you can use a probe to monitor CPU tems.... you can't put it on the CPU can you? wouldn't that make the contact with the heatsink uneven which is exactly what you don't want...?

but how would you get it there...? it fits underneath?

blah blah, if this is about the Smartfan II temp probe again.... :p

Its easy, stop worrying :D

You just tape it to the bottom of the processor, and the wires are very thin and fit through the gaps in the pins and come out of the side.

lol, not the thermaltake fan, but the tem monitor that comes with the case:D

EDIT: but the case is thermaltake:D :D

stan03 said:
lol, not the thermaltake fan, but the tem monitor that comes with the case:D

EDIT: but the case is thermaltake:D :D

I would have thought about getting that case until a few days ago when my Tt CPU fan died on me while the computer was on!!! Oh well, still a nice case. How do you like it? How is the airflow in it?

I taped my probe to the top of the cpu with the probe just touching the side of the die. Had to trim the plastic at the tip of the probe ever so slightly to get better heat transfer to the probe. Dont cut to much and expose the probe completely.
Put the hs on and there you go. Just make sure you dont get the probe on top of the die or your cpu will die.

irish80122 said:

I would have thought about getting that case until a few days ago when my Tt CPU fan died on me while the computer was on!!! Oh well, still a nice case. How do you like it? How is the airflow in it?

number 1 i don't have the case yet, im getting it this summer, and 2 you can read an excellet review here, (it got the only 10 in airflow):D and i definitely wouldn't use the Tt fan for my heatsink, based on the complaints other people have posted:rolleyes:

Xaser III

no, it is the cpu, check out the link posted by Rafterman223

modenaf1 said:
most cpu's have a sensor biult in. the best spot for a probe is underneath the cpu.

actualy most new ones do have a build in sense... its just that many boards do not use this because it has higher temps and people get scared

do hwat Tismedt said.

Back