• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo should I get,Im ordering TODAY!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

whats mobo??? Ive been thinking an Abit NF7-M or a Epox 8K9A2+. Any others I should consider??? They must have everything on them including video and of cource be OCable.
Thanks
AL

thi sshould be in teh mobo section.

get the NF7-S rev2 (make sure it is... there is a place that gaurentees it... possibly excaliber... order from that place to make sure you get Rev2:D)

oh wait.. you want onbaord video?!?! weirdo... i dont know then.

Assumption: You're buying this for yourself for your main computer.

nForce2 chipset 8RDA+ for $89 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=13-123-191&DEPA=1

We were paying $118 + shipping not too long ago for this and it is still one of the best and fastest mobos. Find a hot deal for a GeForce4Ti and combine it with this, integrated video cards suck.

If this is for grandma, you should have said so.

Any $ you save by not doing this will not be worth it.

+
Info for others who need it regarding current situation:
$44 including shipping for confirmed T-Bred B
http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80154

$9.99 for a nice heatsink
http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/thersk6soca3.html

Although $19.99 SK-7 is usually a better bet performance wise.

if your feeling adventurous ....... try

DFI nforce2 or maybe a Soltek ..... they look really yummy

but if you want time and again proven performance ... you only got 2 choices ..... Abit NF7 or Epox 8RDA

why on-board video ??? on board video sucks ..... if you don't need a great video card .... an MX440 card is really cheap or a radeon 9100 .....

The NF7 series overclocks higher and easier than other motherboard; my vote would be for the NF7-M.

My vote goes to the Soltek SL-75MRL-N. They use the newest revision Nforce2 chipset, and they allow for chipset voltage adjustment right from the get-go.

Many people are hitting 225+ fsb even with default chipset voltage. There are plenty of sites reviewing this board-- check it out before you make your desicion to go with a different board....

Also this board is selling for 99$ on Ebay. There is a RAID version (without the integrated vidio) selling for the same price.

Get the 8RGA+ if you can afford it. $139 but it clocks like a mofo :)even better than NF7-S or 8RDA+.

..how can the 8RGA+ overclock better then the nf7-s v2.0? I am confussed as to what makes it better or different?

well I just got it. the abit nf7-m. hope nobody id disapointed cuz im not. i cant start her up though cuz ive got PS, or CPU problems. Im trying to get it figured out with online tech support but it takes a freakin day just to get a reply. anyway, thanks for all you input, hope to join the OC club soon.

Wolfeinstein said:
c'mon guys nobody likes asus a7n8x-dlux c'mon now .

this board is one of the hardest of all Nforce2 boards to OC. if you want all the bells and whistles than it's a good board but if you want a nice stable OC than the abit is the king with the 8rda second.

go for an abit board. they make darn good boards. if you dont want to spend alot, on an nforce just get the nf7 v2.0 the "S" is the one with soundstorm. if you have a nice sound card and am happy with it, dont bother getting the nf7 s v2.0. you could also get an abit kd7 with the via kt400 if your goin cheapo. if you do get an nf7, make sure to get a v 2.0 'cause they have less bios corruption.

Back