• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OUCH! w2k3 just bit me hard in the arse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I got my eval copy yesterday and after carefully reading the instrictions, I attempted to install it on the third partition of my HD after 98 & w2kPro.

Everything appeared to be going smoothly as I had it format its partition NTFS and install the temp files fot the install onto the partition.

A reboot and then BAM! 'No ntdlr found'

OK so I tried twice more. Samo.

Repair, samo.

w2k repair, samo.

No boot into 98 possible either.

Scandisk in the 98 floppy boot said the FAT was trashed and C:\ couldn't be fixed. :mad:

So w2k3 isn't too polite with other non server OS in my expirence.

Next attempt will be on the root directory of its own HD.

I ended up just disconnecting that HD and reinstalling 98 & w2k on my blank new HD. I'm now in the process of tranfering my goodies to the new drive before I nuke and reformat the old HD.

So if you try out w2k3, better be careful because it can bite you.

Weird, I have run that in both dual and triple boot with 98se and win2k and had no trouble, although it didn't like me clearing my bios too much, I forgot to reset the clock and it said my eval copy expired like 2 yrs ago.

mamer

I wonder if that happened to me and it punished me?

Nah... it just decided to write to the FAT and had a major hicup.

Oh and I wasn't overclocked either.

Back