• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can I get prime95?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just want the thing so that it will burn in my processor.....is this the right prime95?

If you are just going to use it for burn in/stability test...toast is much better...I used to use prime 95 for that...until I found out that a lot of times I can run prime95 all day and night long without any problems...but toast would lock it up within a few minutes...

I use F@H gromacs for stability :)...the Folding@Home gromacs core is the most intensive thing we know of today. if you would like to know more than please go to the folding forum of this board and ask away!!

oh ya..folding.stanford.edu and team 32 thankyouverymuch :)

I have been folding for over a year now...have 3 systems and working on 2 more ;)...

And toast is more intense then folding ever thought of being...give Toast a try and watch your voltage and temps ;)...and I fold for my own team...doesn't matter what team, it still gets the same results ;)

My old stability trick used to be...set folding at 50% and prime to run at half the ram and run 3d mark looped...then I found toast...also found out my stability test where not even close to being as intense as Toast...

also...good luck on finding a prime...and if you do, look at it this way...more systems for the farm ;)

I alrady fold with another team, sorry. But, this new computer won't be connected to the internet right away. Would folding just put teh folds in que(sp?) until I get connected to teh internet, then put them into the database?

Please allow me to throw out an plug for something that will REALLY burn in your cpu and totally TEST it.

OC forums is involved with a DC project with Stanford University and there is NOTHING that will test your rigs stability more than Folding.

I have rigs that would run Prime95 for 48 hours but couldn't handle a Gromac (a type of protein that really puts the strain on your cpu).

You can run folding 24/7 and never even know it's there thus helping find cures for diseases like cancer and such. All the while keeping your computer burning in.

You can read about Folding in the Overclockers Folding Forum. There's a great "What is this" type thread with all the links here:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108580

If you have any questions, PM me or any one of the senior members on the Folding team and they'd be glad to help.

Cheers,
Wedo

sandman001 said:
I alrady fold with another team, sorry. But, this new computer won't be connected to the internet right away. Would folding just put teh folds in que(sp?) until I get connected to teh internet, then put them into the database?

If your system wont be connected to the net, then folding wont work..it will need to connect to get the genomes...

Well, as much as I would like to fold for you guys, I'm already folding with another team. Maybe I'll split up my two computers. hmmm.....anyway. does anyone know if it would just put my fold i complete on hold until it can send them to the folding server.

EDIT: Thanks glock.

so, where can i get toast?

but since you are not going to be connected and folding won't work since it needs to connect right away...give toast a try...and yes I am pushing it because I have been burning in systems and OCing longer then most members are old...and so far I have not found a program that test your system more then toast...

Once you run it, you will understand why I say this...if you can run toast on high priority for a few hours, then your system is almost rock stable...

glock19owner said:
but since you are not going to be connected and folding won't work since it needs to connect right away...give toast a try...and yes I am pushing it because I have been burning in systems and OCing longer then most members are old...and so far I have not found a program that test your system more then toast...

Once you run it, you will understand why I say this...if you can run toast on high priority for a few hours, then your system is almost rock stable...

ok, cool. But where can i get it. I just searched for it, and I got nothing. BTW, I like the sig glock.

I get it, but don't have the money or want to get tribes 2.

I just want to know a link to get toast, or prime95, or something.

Thanks, i tryed searching for Toast

I just got a bunch of results for toasters........

Back