• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did ATI stop making the 9500 pro ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffnNetti

I need to contact Silversinksam in regards to a tr
I was just looking on newegg and dont see any 9500 pros anymore, did they stop making them ?

Just wont have the $$$ for a 9700 etc any time soon so was considering getting one.

thanks.

Had the same problem myself, am gonna be buying one, or WAS gonne be buying one in about 2 weeks, but i think i'll spend the little extra and get a 9700 non-pro instead, its not a big difference in price if you shop around, was gonna cost me about £150-£155 for a 9500 Pro, am looking at about £190 for a non-Pro 9700, so not too bad really considering the difference in performance, or am i wrong here?.... :D .....even the 9700np kick *** right? :D

I was just looking for the 9500 pro myself and I couldn't find any at newegg or googlegear. :( I have been waiting on the price to go down a little.

I hope they are gettting some more in.

I don't want a 9600 pro.

ATI has stopped making the 9500 Pro chipsets. They believed (with good reason) that overclocked 9500 Pro's were cannibalizing 9700/9800 Pro sales. So when they ramped up production of the new chips the 9500 Pro was the first to get the axe.

BHD

The 9600pro is slower too... :(

The 9500pro was a great card...my mom wants to buy my brother a vid card for his graduation....he wants a 9700pro, I figured, "Well I'm sure they're around 250 now..."...nope, still about 300 bucks.

The 9500pro was about half the price and 85% of the performance, plus it could be oc'ed...

The 9700pro needs to drop to around 200 bucks, then it'll be a hot card.

fyi, just got two more 9500np's from newegg that softmodded with out problems yesterday..

yes the 9500pro is being phased out. the 9600 is replacing it as is being pushed because of the new 0.13 process. also if i'm not mistaken it has pipelines but much higher core/mem speeds? i could be wrong there but i know that production has all but stopped for my beloved 9500pro

Breadfan said:
The 9600pro is slower too... :(

The 9500pro was a great card...my mom wants to buy my brother a vid card for his graduation....he wants a 9700pro, I figured, "Well I'm sure they're around 250 now..."...nope, still about 300 bucks.

The 9500pro was about half the price and 85% of the performance, plus it could be oc'ed...

The 9700pro needs to drop to around 200 bucks, then it'll be a hot card.

What about 9700 non-Pro? Can be clocked to Pro levels easily (GPU even beyond Pro).

Back