• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AreUCrzy

Disabled
Ok i have two main fans one fan is in front pointing to the heatcore "radiator" and then i have one in the back of the case also pointing into case... when i say pointing i mean " the air is flowing in the direction" Now my question is should i have the back fan pointing out? radiator fan pointing out? My temps right now are 38C 100F and it's like 75-85F in this room during the summer because the house doesn't have A/C it has the window one across the room lol.... anyways any suggestions towards the fans and that.... also the fans are both 120MM

the only other fans i have are one for the hard drive's an 80mm flowing towards them!

I'd change the fan on the back of the case around so its blowing out. Might help drop case temps a little. I'd leave the radiator fan blowing in. There are many different ways you can have your fans set up, but overall, each case is different. Play around and see what configuration gives you the best temps.

ok i was also think of putting another fan in front of the RAD so theres one on both sides of the RAD.... should i do that?

well i just took the fan out and switched it around put while it was unpluged it got up to 105F i will post what my temp is in a few mins.

Do a search for AIRFLOW and you will find all kinds of info....

The stuff that is generally intended for air cooled system does still apply, especially if the radiator is installed in the case: most systems have the radiaor in the case and case intake flowing through which means that all the cpu heat is still inside the case.

Push/pull radiator fan setups do seem to work best, but they can take up quite a bit of room- fan->shroud->rad->shroud->fan.

Experiment, try new things: sooner or later you will hit the ideal setup for YOUR case :)

yea that sounds good.... ummm also the fan it self which fans are the best to use speed and air flow wise? 120mm fans

Generally speaking, larger fans will put out more cfm with lower noise levels.
There are some excellent small fans (like 80mm;)) that are pretty quiet with good airflow for tight spots, but of course a good 120mm fan modded into that location would do better...

172mm Comair Rotrons have also become fairly popular around here: huge fans with great airflow, and they can be quieted down pretty well by under-volting them.

AreUCrzy said:
i want the best 120mm fan

Define "best"

Highest airflow?
Quietest?
Highest airflow with noise level under 40 db?

Those fans pictured in the link above do look pretty good, and I have heard some good things about them.

Panaflo are known as good performers with low noise

I have seen used no fan that is quieter than my pair of mechatronics 120mm.

Folks- buying and selling in the open forums is NOT allowed, period.
We have a Classifieds section that all members can access after 100 posts- unless they have locked out for suspicious looking spam posts.....

All transactions of a sale or trade type must be conducted there.

Thank you.

Back