• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help OC my Dell made board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
99.99% of the time ,you cant overclock a OEM brand pc ie;Dell, Compaq,HP,etc.

Tread

PS: I have never seen a OEM overclock the only reason I leave out the .01% is someone may figure it out or you could try to flash the bios with a retail bios if you could find one (very, very slim chance)

if you have a 400mhz FSB CPU, you could do the pin trick (fifth post down)
and fool the motherboard into thinking its a 533mhz FSB CPU.

what CPU do you have? not sure, you can download CPU-Z and find out.

good luck.

Try CPUFSB. You'll have to check the motherboard to see what PLL it is using and then maybe this app will support it. I've used it on a Dell GX260 and can get a 2.4 P4 to run @ 2.7.

Also got it to run on an HP Vectra VLi8, which is a Slot-1 board and get a P3-600 to just under 700 mhz.

Don't expect too much though - since you can't adjust voltage, mem timings, agp/pci ratios, etc. But it may let you get a few more mhz out of it.

CPUFSB home

HR

I was able to change a jumper on an old p2450mhz gateway, which allowed me to boot as admin. I could then adjust multi/fsb/volt. Got her up to 700mhz :eek:

Back