• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i am about to order my new pc next week and i am getting:
p4 2.4c SL6WF-MAL (is this chip any good?)
asus p4p800
ocz gold 3700 2x256mb
enermax 465watts
etc...

now what i want to know is, is the asus p4p800 compatible with the ocz gold 3700 2x256mb?

also what sort of OC am i likely to get?
also is the chip i am getting any good?
another question is would any 1 recommend any thing else, instead of the parts i am going to get?

thanks for your help :D

Good setup, but if you are getting 3700 ram I suggest getting a canterwood board because they seem to take better advantage of the 3700's.
Maybe the IC7, IC7-G or the P4C800, P4C800 Deluxe

does the ic7 have the fsb problem?
because i read some where about it or am i wrong?

also what sort of OC will i get out of the ic7? is there any thing better around the same price?

With the old bios I think there were, but with the new BIOS they run great, I think it's the preferred board, at least around here.

thanks for that :D
would any 1 else recommend this baord with the set up i am getting or would they tell me to get something else?

I would, I have an IC7 and easily reached fsb 250, and i think i can hit 270 with some tweaking. Although you might want to get the 2.6c as it has a higher multiplier and you are likely to get a better oc out of it.

i am now thinking about getting the 2.8c so what sort of OC will i get out of it then?
would i be better off getting the 2.8c or should i just stick with the 2.4c?

thanks

Back