• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX2 Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skyrat23

Hi all. I have been experiencing problems with a 2.4GHz P4 of mine. To start with it wasn't much of an overclocker. I could just barely hit 3GHz @ high voltages (1.75+)but things were not stable at all. Anyhow, it turned out 2.8GHz would run prime stable for me at around 1.7 volts. However, every now and then F@H would cause my computer to reboot. I was lucky to see the error code once. Windows (2k btw) blue screened and gave an error message with this error code 0X000000C9. I looked it up on micosoft's site and it is from a hardware error. I also booted into Linux and ran folding but linux locked. A reboot and the kernel spit out a panic about a CPU error. Initially I thought it was a F@H problem dealing with SSE/Gromacs however it happens often and linux gave such a specific error that I don't believe that to be so. Anyway, I am contemplating pulling this baby and using it to make the home theater computer I have been contemplating (at 2.4GHz and default everything of course). So my question about the IT7-MAX2 is, has anyone run this board at 200MHz+ Bus speeds? I am thinking about getting a new D1 stepping that runs on the 800MHz bus and has hyper threading. However, I know such a CPU is not supported by the IT7-MAX2 and I don't want to buy one and then have problems reaching such a high FSB on the motherboard. Currently I have only gotten memory speeds above 200MHz since the CPU was such a poor overclocker (I have reached 220+ MHz memory). Is that a good sign? Anyone know from experience/read a review where they used the IT7-MAX2 at a 200MHz+ FSB?

Thanks guys.

Back