• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silentfire

whenever i try increasing my fsb past about 160 my video card does strange things. Ive asked people on the formums in another thread and they said it was an overhreating issue. Im pretty new at this so im not sure what i can do. But heres my guess, could i some how limit or restrict the fsb that my card actaully uses? Im assuming i use the AGPguys adjuster in my bios. what should i set it at?System is in my sig. thanks.

silentfire said:
whenever i try increasing my fsb past about 160 my video card does strange things. Ive asked people on the formums in another thread and they said it was an overhreating issue. Im pretty new at this so im not sure what i can do. But heres my guess, could i some how limit or restrict the fsb that my card actaully uses? Im assuming i use the AGPguys adjuster in my bios. what should i set it at?System is in my sig. thanks.

The AGP bus on nForce2 boards is seperate from the FSB so it has nothing to do with that.

More than likely you were pushing your RAM to hard (timings to tight) or you didnt boost the voltage enough to your CPU to handle the extra speed and/or provide good CPU cooling.

There are a lot of articles on the net about OC'n nForce2 systems and no one has video card issues these days unless they are too aggressive in what they select. Try setting the AGP speed to 66mhz manualy, set your RAM timing to manufacturer spec, set CPU multiplier to spec and then slowly raise your FSB speed.
After the FSB is maxed out back off a notch then go after the CPU multiplier. Once the processor is maxed out and stable then go for RAM timing and then finaly video card OC'n. One thing at a time and you'll be more succesfull...try it all at once and you'll never nail down what's causing an issue

Back