• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to get a nice tbird thta will get me up to 1.65 ghz+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jason

so fard ive heard the 1.2ghz go up to 1.7 im thinking about taht but is there anything that can go higher ? im using watercooling with no pelt just want to get the highest i can without buying a p4

If you get to 1.5 GHz in a Tbird, be happy. I don't think I'd set my sites on 1.65 GHz or you're just going to be majorly disappointed. Hardly anyone gets their chips to run that fast and those who do are using stuff like a 175 watt Peltier + water cooling.

I have a 1.33g chip. I will be added 2 172 watt pelters to it i better get 1.7 or higher.

I will post back later.

err... not that you're being a tad hasty with your expectations there or anything... if you've got the money, then get a 1.33ghz AXIA or something.. apparently the 1ghz AXIAa are amazing as well. i've not really been following tbird codes cos i can't afford to buy one... you'll have to do some more reading for that. but a warning: don't expect much over 1.4ghz without funky cooling.

Back