• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im lookin for a good mobo for a Pent III socket 370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

I have a old computer i wanna upgrade so im looking for a good mobo for THIS cpu. Socket 370, 1ghz, pentium III.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

P.S. : if you also know of a decent cooler for the mobo you tell me, plz let me know.

An Asus Cusl2 would work fine for that CPU, as would an Asus Tusl2 or an Abit ST6. YOu do realize that the are very few S370 boards that are actually available "new" these days, right? One of the few is the Soyo TISU. They were available until just recently from Newegg and Mwave for around $50 but they're gone now.

If you're not going to OC (which you shouldn't even bother with, those 1GHz PIII's don't OC for beans), look for an Intel board. Centrix-Intl.com has brand new retail Intel D815EPFV MoBos for $50. Click on the "motherboards" link and look in the "Intel 815 Chipset" section for item # 834007.

The stock Intel cooler is perfectly decent although the fan is a little loud. One of the $5 GC-68 coolers from SVC.com would work great. That's what I use on S370's that I build for people.

Back