• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1.2 GHz 266 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trey

Registered
Hello:

I am a newbie to overclocking. Been reading the board for the past couple of weeks - fantastic! Does anyone know the quality of the heat sink and fan that come with the AMD "boxed" set. This is what I ordered because of the 3 yr warranty. Once you install the heat sink/fan and processor, how easy is it to replace the sink/fan and change the L1 bridges?

Thanks in advance
Trey

ok firstly you dont need to worry about the l1 bridges as they are now sold factory unlocked and yes its reletavely easy to change the heatsink depending on what motherboard you choose and also the heatsink itself,so be sure to ask about what heatsink will fit your mobo as some wont fit due to the size from resistor clearance and a few other factors. im sure you can get all that info here though...goodluck

Some processors come unlocked some come locked, my new 1.333 came locked. It is easy to correct this if you get a conductive pen, should cost about $10. Yes changing the heatsink is easy if you are careful. The "stock" heatsink and fan is adequate, but if you want to overclock you should get something with a little more power.

Back