• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fire sucks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Note to Admins:
Please move-delete as applies.

How is this for SUCK!!!

I lived in an appartment complex. Note the word liv(ed). There was a fire that burnt the whole place. Ok, so fires hurt blah blah blah, etc. No one was hurt.

In some places, the 3rd floor is in the basement. Ok, it was a big fire. The basement is COMPLETELY filled with water. Two days later, fires still appear in the building. The city ran out of water at one point or more. (Fact). 9 departments were called to the scene. They may have called more but there was no more room for other trucks.

Now here is the SUCK part. My second floor unit is still there. Ok, the third floor unit is in my unit a little but not too bad.

Ok follow so far?

I can still see pictures hanging on my wall. (E.G. fire did not burn paper).

See where this is going?

I know that all 5 of my machines are there still. Perhaps in working order. Maybe even a few monitors survived. Yet I can't get them. They may bulldoze the unit while standing. I'm certain that they will not work then.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I was too dumb to buy insurance. My fault on that.

End rant for now. Have to go back to shelter until we get a new place.

Thanks for the listen.

P.P.S. I'm not folding any more. I just started too!

petition the city or something...get a price on paper of the amount of stuff you'd be losing, i dunno how that works, but it sure does suck man...

If your in super need i got an old PII system laying here that was going to use as a server some day but...yeah.

If the city rejects your petition sneak in during the night when no one is there and load your computers into your car and drive away with them. It may be slightly dangerous depending on the condition of the building, but if you can pull it off safely then go for it. :)

I'm not responsible if you get hurt or arrested though...

Back