• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

neslabs>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solo

what kind of chiller from them shoudl i be loking for

a cyrogenic one?
a water bath?:

coudl someone provide me with a model number?

they make tons. ebay has them o-plenty.
a good idea in looking at one would be to get the specs from the compressor on it and compare it to a unit everyone else is using (look for a good compressor that uses r22, r404a, r290, or the ultra low temp r500's). and finding one that had a good high side pressure (400+ psi) as well as a good low side (200+psi) would be good in case you wanted to do a refrigerant change up to the good stuff.

problem with the cryogenic ones is this:
-extremely expensive (1000$+)
-large (300+lbs) sometimes
-cant find any heat transfer liquid that is still a liquid at -120c and below, and if you do its gonna cost you. so your FORCED to do a direct die, wich means cutting into the system. therefore you could have just gotten two compressors at a junk yard and made your own for the same amount of work of pulling a cryo unit apart.

make sure they say (or you ask) how much those mothers weigh. ive seen some weigh 400+lbs and only be 3ft x 3ft size.
yeh. would suck to ship that.

water baths are much less extreme and have practially 0 setup required.

A cryogenic unit will beat a prometia any day of the week, but require tonds of work.

agreed.

i tried the cryogenic route. turns out to be about impossible. power requirements/knowledge/price limits it.

thanks guys

how would a neslab en-350 cool
it uses r500 btw

Back