• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1Ghz Axia @ 1.53GHz on Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can we trade you lucky bastard. Mine takes 2.25v to get to 1530 and mine is watercooled also. Enjoy you got a great one. At 1.95v my 1 gigi axia would only do 1350 stable watere cooled. Had to crank the volts and make her squeal a little to give me what I wanted.

jr (Jun 01, 2001 08:46 p.m.):
Can we trade you lucky bastard. Mine takes 2.25v to get to 1530 and mine is watercooled also. Enjoy you got a great one. At 1.95v my 1 gigi axia would only do 1350 stable watere cooled. Had to crank the volts and make her squeal a little to give me what I wanted.
Jr, my system specs need to be updated. I did have to raise the Vcore some more to get her stable at 1.53 Ghz it's at 1.91 as reported in BIOS I have it set at 1.8 in the iWill smart settings. I really like this ThermoEngine Heat sink, I can't wait till I get the 34cfm fan I should see it around the 6th or 7th of june According to Bart at 3dfxcool.temps are pretty good now but they could be better. 37C @idle 22C system temp 45C loaded. love this 1Ghz axia, best bang for the buck going imho.

Bender (Jun 01, 2001 09:24 p.m.):
Can you say voltage mod. I would love to volt mod that board and water cool the chip. I wonder how high it would go.

Bender, I have been thinking along those lines myself.
This will have to be a winter project as I don't have enough free time during race season and I need to do alot of research as I have no experiance with water cooling but I want to build most of the components myself as I have some good shop equipment ie: lathe,mill, tig that I use in Race car fab. I most definitley see my self going with water cooling in the future.
Randy

I am right behind you, I can get mine to post at 1.53, but windows goes crazy, When I get enough guts to raise my voltage to 1.92, I just may get it stable, I will post the results soon. This new Vantec is great, and by the way Hoot, cohesive cooling will be my next weekend project, went to the parts store today, I can't wait, thanks for the ideas!!

Back