• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 750 duron to 1 Gig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

typer

Registered
Just got my 750 duron today and want to overclock it to 1 gig while I'm waiting for my RMA'd t-bird to come in. I was wondering if I could do 7.5 x 133 out of the box? Could I just unlock the L7 bridges to bring the vCore up to 1.85 like everyone else hitting I gig and just set it to 7.5 x 133 to get 1 gig, which is pretty much all I want out of this cpu? Or should I just unlock the L1 bridges also? Do I need to burn this cpu in at 750 mhz for awhile? Thanks

You may need to burn it in for a bit, but equally well you may hit a gig straight off. You won't know till you try. You shouldn't need to fiddle with the L7 bridges, as your mobo ought to allow you to up the voltage to 1.85V. I'd try some lower fsb settings first such as 105/110/115 first, to see what temperatures you're getting and what sort of voltages you're having to use.

I hesitate to say 'go for the gig right away' just in case you get really unlucky and burn your cpu - though just for the record I'd be surprised if a duron got torched trying to do a gig given the amount that get there, unless your cooling was really bad LOL :-D

I had a Duron 750, brother, I had....
It burned out and then I had to borrow money for the ThunderBird750.
I would like to say only one:
BE CAREFULL!!!!
do not try to hit 1G at the first time!
I have destroyed mine Duron with such overclocking. I know that 1G is easily hit on D 800, but I had nothing with 750, just the smoke smell!
And also, when connecting L1 briges, BE SURE U CONNECTED THEM IN PAIRS( i.e. | | | | , not like Y | | )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Rest in peace my poor Duron!

Hey rob how did you get the voltage at 2.27?

I can't go further than 1.85 with my abit kt7e ? my duron won't go beyond 1000 (it crashes in bios)
And what is that you say about burnig in? slowly uppping the mhz stuff ? Thanx

"True wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing" So True

Hey rob how did you get the voltage at 2.27?

Cyrex (Jun 02, 2001 11:28 a.m.):
I can't go further than 1.85 with my abit kt7e ? my duron won't go beyond 1000 (it crashes in bios)
And what is that you say about burnig in? slowly uppping the mhz stuff ? Thanx

"True wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing" So True

"burning in" is running your CPU at default settings(FSB+MULTIPLIER) but at a higher voltage to see if it can handle it for a long time.

my duron 750 will o/c to 1000 after burn in
but it doesn't run much
everything closes after i open one program for example like when i open icq then everything else starts closing

now i run it at 7.5*130
stable at everything

Go ahead.

Go to 1 gig in little steps, not directly.

Asus A7V duron 650@1000 (10x100). 48ºC full load. silver orbital heatsink. 1,7V, and looking for swiftech462 or millennium glaciator.

192 Mb Ram Pc133+pc100
Voodoo3 3000 + old fan from duron
s.b. live
avermedia TV-Phone
Advansys scsi controller
intel 10/100 ethernet card
plextor scsi 40x
dvd pioneer ide 106s
rewritable yamaha scsi 6x4x16
40 gb ata100 seagate
2,5 gb dma33 western digital
8 gb dma33 seagate
Ioss bios savior flash with the bios raid 1008x/fxd.

Just go overclocking.

Back