• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

Does anyone have or remenber the link to a site where radical OC was done to a MoBo-CPU submerged in some kinda of cooling chemichal?

It is a cool article where some guys drank some beers and put a mobo with cpu inside a styrofiam cooler filled with somekinda liquid (maybe liquid hidrogen?) and pumped the BeJesus outa some chip.

Thanks!!!

Was it the one with the italians and they had pumped c02 through a "air-block" if you will.

maybe liquid hidrogen?? very unlikly that its liquid hydrogen that stuff is seriously very dangerous it'll pretty much destroy any container you put it in =d let alone yoru computer

shiyan said:
sorry about not having a link, but I don't think they used liquid hydrogen. that would be extremely expensive.
Especially after it explodes, I believe the stable rediculously insane super coolant of choice is liquid nitrogen.

Ffats: Thanks a bunch dude! this is exactly the link O was looking for. Boy do I LOVE overclcockers dot com forums! They RULE!!

I like to show this oc experiment to the newbies and watch their jaws drop ;) You can just see the cogs start spinning wildly in their little newbie brains.

Thanks again!

Back