• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix and SetiQueue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChazFx

This peice of software is pretty much exactly what i need.

As i have got enoguh parts to build a second computer bar one thing HDD. Even if i did have the HDD id only be using it to crunch SETI.

So i was wondering.

I use SETI Queue on my Main machine (see sig.) to keep a cache of WU's. While a was skimming over the Overclockix Description i remember seeing something about network drivers. Now if ive got it right that would mean that overclockix would be able to get its WU's via a modem/ethernet card.

If i give it all the right IP addys etc will i have anytrouble getting the SETI on Overclockix to talk to the SETI Queue on My Main machine?

Also i on Main SETI gets its work units via 127.0.01:5516 what IP would i give the SETI on Overclockix so that itl grab the WU's via the network rather than the internet? as before i used 127.0.0.1:5516 my own COmputer was D/Ling its WUs from itself via the net, this slowed things up a bit....

Hope that makes sense.

TIA

I have a mixed up little DC Project Farm and use SetiQ to keep my crunchers running- this has included my Overclockix PC at times with no trouble.

Just use the -proxy command line switch and you are set.

(Note- I did not use the scripts included with Overclockix when starting my seti client so I don't know if they will work with the switch, but try it; if not you can just do it manually or figure out the script changes needed.)

Yes it will work fine - just point the overclockix machine to the IP address of your machine running SetiQ. 127.0.0.1 is localhost on your seti q, but you need to give your overclockix machine its actual IP on the lan. Just go to a cmd line and use ipconfig /all and you'll see the IP which you need to use in the -proxy line for seti on the overclockix box.

:)

You should probably run:

setiathome -login

so that you can change the default user account (mine) to your own.

After that, either-

setiathome -proxy IP_ADDY:pORT

or

setionproxy IP_ADDY:pORT

Where IP_ADDY is the internal IP address of your setiqueue machine, and PORT is the port number to use for connecting to it.

Back