• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jf781

I have a athlon 2800+ processor over clocked to 2.17 ghz running on a asus av7600 board. i have 2 80mm cases fans and a thermal take volcano 11+ cpu fan. I run about 45 degress C at system idle and about 50 running prime 95. the board runs about 38 under load. I went home for the weekend and had it shut down for the first time for ne large amount of time during this. Before it was running maybe 46 and 34 underload, respectivively. why whould it jump up like this over the weekend, and why is it so hot when its hardly overclocked. I have a friend with a 2400 overclocked to 2.13 and he runs about 33 degrees on the cpu under load with the stock fan. Ne help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks joe

Maybe the room temperature changed. Does the case have a intake filter? Check to see if it's dirty.

2500 Barton@2178Mhz(198*11), 1.75 v w/Volcano 10(sucks)
512mb Corsair PC3200

i'm guessing your friends case temps are alot lower than yours....

also, sensors aren't always right... it's posible your friend is giving you cpu socket temps and the temps you're talking about on your board are cpu core temps...

your temps aren't bad btw

what is your case temp? what thermal goop are you using? what's your vcore at? is the cpu fan running at full speed?

33 degrees using the stock fan at 2.13Ghz seems unlikely. probably the motherboard not reading right.

unless his ambient temperature is around 10 degrees?

Back