• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock P4 2.4C GHZ on P4P800 Delx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hotlove

Registered
Hi folksss....

For those who have P4 2.4C GHZ on P4P800 Delx and
you overclock it above 3.0 GHZ, could U post your
setup configuration here for me please, please post
the one with speed that is stable.

I just help my cousin build a new sys PC with the above
CPU and MB with 512 MB of KINGSTON PC 3200
using INTEL HEATSINK fan. I got it to run stable
at 3.0 GHZ at 250 FSB and all others are default.
But above that, system seem not stable slowsly
as I increase more FSB.

Thanks in advance for your info.

HOTLOVE

welcome.

could be several possibilities:

you might have forgotten to fix the PCI and AGP at 33 and 66Mhz.

you might need more vcore.

you might need to increase chipset voltage.

your might need to lower your CPU:RAM ratio to 5:4, if it is at 1:1 at the moment, as your RAM might not like running at faster than 250Mhz.

you might need better cooling if your temperatures are too high with the stock heatsink.

you might need a better power supply if your present one is not powerful enough and is having low voltages.

if you can give a more detailed description of your settings, we can help you easier.

I have the same problem

I too have a 2.4c, asus p4p800 delux although i have a 2x 512 twin xms corsair ram. I got my cpu speed to 250 but i had to drop my DDR speed to 320 as opposed to 400. i also upped the vcore to 1.575 instead of 1.525 where it used to be. If i push to 260 regardless of the ddr speed (dropped to 266) or the voltage boost (vcore up to 1.75, and i don't wanna get too much higer without upgrading from the stock heatsink and fan) I can't get the thing to even boot. I look on the URL=http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/Showdata.cfm]CPU database[/URL] at others and i have no illusions about getting to 3873 or 3900 but getting 3424 at vcore 1.55 has been done with stock cooling gear. I would like to get somewhere close to that if possible. any help would be appreciated.

shiyan,

Sorry for going OT.

Suzuka was an exciting race; stellar run by Rubens. Michael's brush with Ralph was fun. :)

im running that setup...my setttings are at 260 fsb(3124mhz) using 5:4 divider memory timings 2.5,3,3,5...vcore voltage at 5.75

While you should look in Shiyan's suggestions, it is quite possible that that is just as fast as your chip will go. See my sig - that is is as fast as my chip will go.

Hi,

My Costa Rica Week 12 P4 2.4C does 3.1 Ghz at 1.575 vcore with my P4P800. RAM settings are at 5:4.

My week 20, 2003, costa rica 2.4C is currently doing 3.22 @ 1.65Vcore (im not at all finished with that puppy yet) with the ram set at 320 (5:4) and the agp/pci locked at 66/33...
I have this running in an ASUSP4C800 Deluxe mobo - not very different to the P4P800 from what i understand. My FSB is 267 @ the moment. and my Vdimm is default.

make sure you look at some other cooling before you take the Vcore over 1.6 (in my opinion anyway) Zalman make some really quiet heatsink and fan combos that are great - if you dont want noise or water - i got one on this chip now and havent seen a temp over 38C full load.

good luck!

sig says it... 3.3 ghz on a p4p800 dlx,,, 275 fsb 3,3,3,8-- I know timings bite. corsair 3700 dirt cheap price, will do it on air or water... but seems to be it stable limit. crunchs seti 24/7

psy

Back