• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast can 650 duron get -w- air(Any) without problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All CPUs are different do you don't know for certain until you try :)

I would say that with a good hsf you should be able to hit 700 fairly easily, but I don't know how stable your system would be....check the CPU knowledge D-base for other ppl's 650 oc experiences

She's a AKBA I will post what the outcome is here and in the database this might take a while because the comp is still under construction. I'm going for 1.2 ghz

1.2 is a lofty goal. I would shoot for 1050. That's about the limit for 1.85v aircooled AKBA. You have about .0000000001% chance of getting 1200 with air cooling. Only a few ever hit 1200 with water cooled peltiers and the voltage mod. I still hope you get 1100 or more!

Duron Overclocker (Jul 03, 2001 07:02 p.m.):
Sure. I'll go for 1050 and try to pump it up to 1100. You got any good cooler sites? I got Cooler Guys and www.plycon.com.

www.dangerden.com

They can fix you up.

My Duron 650 hit 800 Air cooled with no problems. Over that was a challenge and required a lot of voltage.

Now it won't boot up

I have it all hooked up. (It used to boot) Now the powercomes on but nothing on the screen and the hd keeps clicking. How can I tell whats wrong. My Mobo is non standard-see signature

hmm, you can probably clear your bios to fix this. To do this, either look for a jumper on your mobo that is something to the effect of "clear bios." Or you can unplug it from the wall, then pull the battery off the mobo, let it sit for a few minutes, then plug it all back in.
Hopefully that should fix it.

i would be leary, I have never heard of that company and $60 is awfully cheap for a motherboard. If you want a good cheap KT133A board, the MSI K7T Turbo is around $95 and is a very good board.

I have a duron 600 AKBA # cpu and its currently running all day and night at [email protected] air cooled. I have had it as high as 1185mhz when benching sandra and 3dmarks. Nnow if only I could get another 2mhz fsb out if it for that magic 100% air cooled overclock....then that would be something!:) Who knows, maybe the fase2 voltage mod and another voltage mod I plan on trying can finally put me over the top. The AKBA duron 600 and 650's were I thing one of the best ocing duron steppings going. I know a guy at another forum that has an duron650 AKBA letter cpu that does 1215mhz voltage moded and cooled with a peltier/water setup....

Well, I turned it on for 15 minutes. CPU Warm. North Bridge Warm. GPU Warm. South Bridge is cold. Think it is busted. I am however going to try to clear bios by removing Bat.

Back