• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG Got SLK-900A How to install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djpeetur

I got my slk 900a and TT2 fan. How do you install this thing? I kno how to clip it to the Motherboard But there are these 2 long metal thing and 4 short metal thing. And how do you install fan on
does thsi look rihgt? I have an 80x80x25. I use the 2nd holes from the TOP and just use the clips that look like it fit snug to the fan.

hs1.jpg

TIA

Last edited:
lol is that green hair? if it is, nice but neways...it looks like its not fitting on perfectly, the metal things ur mentioning are prolly the clips to clip the fan onto the hs itself, find the one thats the second to largest width, 80 mm and the one thats second to largest length wise comparing it to the 80 mm clips, in other words, find the second to largest clip width and length...i guess u could measure them and just check to see which one is 80mm and fits on a 80x80x25 fan
________
SIDE EFFECTS OF PAXIL

Last edited:
The little "humps" on the clips...should fit right where the screw holes on the fan are. That way the clips firmly secure the fan to the heatsink.

dalilman52 said:
yes, i forget to mention that, on the little clips, u should have the "humps" go into the screw holes on the fan

white /blond hair my friend. OK i got the clips down. Also which way do i lay the fan, I see there 2 arrows that point right and down.

Be carfeul. My clips don't hold too well. Every time i go in find my fan has slipped like 5mm down.

is there a calculator for amd
like 2000+ is 1.67 and etc. cause people talk about 2.2 and i dont kno what that is 2500+ or 2600+ . DIG?

kfunk said:
I have air sucking out. Lower temp for me.

odd....every heatsink i've ever tested got much lower temps having the air blow down. it may possibly be weird airflow in your case. also seems to be quieter.

hehe, i have a hard time understanding why you couldn't figure it out, djpeetur - took me 5 minutes to figure it out w/no directions and get it right (worked perfect)............not getting you down, but it is rather simple - you should try working more 3D puzzles..........

lee said:
hehe, i have a hard time understanding why you couldn't figure it out, djpeetur - took me 5 minutes to figure it out w/no directions and get it right (worked perfect)............not getting you down, but it is rather simple - you should try working more 3D puzzles..........

took you 5? shoot it took me 2 minutes. i just wanted to confirm with the boards members. sorry LEE, im not as slow as you.
ALso LABOMB, do you recommend using the metal emblem that the fan gives you?

Last edited:
djpeetur said:

do you recommend using the metal emblem that the fan gives you?

not worth the restriction. i've never caught my finger in a fan.....have you? not all grills restrict fans badly, but in the case of the smartfan....yes. it covers up the vast majority of the fan for little bentifit.

Back