• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG Got SLK-900A How to install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No need to take the stock one off of the CPU. This heatsink doesn't contact the stock ones, that's why they have to use the little white ones.

You'll want to put the sensor on the hottest part of the heatsink that you can. I think you'll be able to attach it to the base.

repo man11 said:
No need to take the stock one off of the CPU. This heatsink doesn't contact the stock ones, that's why they have to use the little white ones.

You'll want to put the sensor on the hottest part of the heatsink that you can. I think you'll be able to attach it to the base.

put it between the base and CPU? wont that interfere with the artic silver paste?

While you couldn't, and shouldn't, put it between the die and the heatsink, there will be a large area of the base that does not contact the die. Depending on the thickness of the thermistor, you may be able to slip it between the CPU and the heatsink, without interfering with its contact with the CPU die.
The thermistor is too thick to do that? Then mount it as close to the base as you can, You want it to read (be in contact with) the hottest part of the heatsink possible.

The sticker is to hold the thermistor in place. Depending on how and where you install it (the thermistor), it may not be necessary. But you don't want it to slip out, and read the ambient temperature in the case. If it did, the fan would slow down, and your CPU would likely overheat.

that included installation, djpeetur............btw, why then did you even ask the people here?..........i didn't need to..........lol...........

Maybe he wanted reassurance that he was doing it correctly.

He asked, and in the community spirit of this forum, we answered. :)

Personal atacks are neither allowed nor tolerated. Don't do this again.
-eobard

Back